Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 291
BCCA Number: 29079
eBay name: 12Horse
Year Started Collecting: 1979
Zodiac:

Re: fresh from the earth

Post by Rustmonger »

OK, everything is cleaned and sorted from this trip so it's time to start planning another! I think I added 16 beer cans ( 5 new labels, 4 variations, and 6 or 7 upgrades) and 11 soda cans to the "dumped it myself" collection so it's a pretty good haul for a one day trip. We didn't hit anything rare but we were in dumps most of the day and we had good condition and decent age all day. Only broke the WWII barrier a couple of times and even then it was only common cones in lousy shape but we found a bunch of late 40's IRTP stuff so that was cool. Favorite beer can of the trip is the "patriotic" Genesee and favorite soda is the Penguin Cream Soda (love the blue color and the condition is killer). We'll have a full story in an upcoming Rustlings.

Here's a few pictures for now:

74 one of each.jpg
This is one of each label I brought home. That Genny is the best can we've found in a couple of years.

[attachment=3]71 totes.jpg[/attachment]
Here's a shot of the total haul minus some cones.

[attachment=1]64.jpg[/attachment]
And a tote full o' cones for Mr Wheaton :smt019 :bootyshake: :smt064 :hello2: :hal

I spent a lot of time and effort today to give you guys a really cool "before and after" picture of the cones. I went and stacked each can in the same order it was in the "before" picture I posted last week so you could really see the difference. I was almost done when, wouldn't you know...................

[attachment=0]70.jpg[/attachment]
DAMMIT!!!!!!!! It happened AGAIN!
:smt013 :smt100 :smt102 :angryfire: :cussing: :withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid: :banghead: :banghead: :angry7: :angry5: :angry3: :smt013 :smt033

67 sodas all.jpg
These are all the soda cans I brought home, should probably post this in the other forum.

More pics plus the full story in a future Rustlings.
Attachments
70.jpg
64.jpg
71 totes.jpg

Beamer
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 800
eBay name: beamer911
Year Started Collecting: 1975
United States of America

Post by Beamer »

Good thing you were not an Egyptian in another life. The pyramids would sure be a shambles if you were the contractor. :smile:
kb
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 600
BCCA Number: 0
eBay name: kb.1
Year Started Collecting: 1977
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by kb »

well I went back looking far back at old dump pics from like 2005 range and came across this one.. it was fall 2010 and after wrapping up a couple days, I told my driver Rustmonger hey isnt that Red Cap Ale cone dump on our way home ? I wasnt with them when they found those a few years back, so monger said sure... he is like there on the bank, and maybe i did scrape one or 2 and had to take a leak.. so as i walk down a ways and shake some dew off, im like did yall dig down here..nice copper 12 horses, then as we keep moving piles of crowntainers and cones.. Dave was like ah, um, huh, yeah think snow was down here.. well darkness was settling in and we left a few BEV crowntainers.. plans for spring trip were made.. AG, C TAy, MikeS all joined in at the mutha of all BEV Crowntainer cone dumps !!
kb

go FishN... Toast to Max..
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Dumping Trips and Stories”