Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1050
BCCA Number: 32806
eBay name: thatsus02
Year Started Collecting: 1990
Zodiac:
United States of America

Week 1 2014 Rusty Bunch Fantasy Football recap

Post by thatsus02 »

Well rusty readers, week 1 is in the books for this year. I would like to say that our leagues performances would be the hot topic this week, but it was the Mother-ship of this whole football thing, the NFL, that stole the spotlight from our meager activities. Go figure, just when the NFL was about to take a page out of the Nascar playbook, and change a rule that would bring back some of their biggest stars, some reality tv show decides that there is not enough excitement in the week 1 schedule and let a tape of a boxing match between one of its players and his estranged wife hit the small screen. Now I am not one to make fun of this situation, but in my opinion there is not room for any domestic violence in this world that goes from a slap to this horrendous act. What I cant figure out is why we had to see the act in order to have this gut wrenching reaction. the initial news of the act should have given us the same response. Anyways that is for the NFL Nazis to work out. And by the way the new drug policy that was to be voted on is tabled until the NFL gets some of its reputation back. Sorry Welker and Gordon.

Now for the headlines of this league. Gordon, Saints, Gladiators, Sliver Bar and Altes Sportsmen won this week. Gordon was +28 on his opponent for the knock out of the week. Most other games were pretty vanilla. Steamers has the Manning express but failed to put anything else in his lineup to weather the storm this week.

It is a young season, but they say if you win the first game you have a 50% chance to make the playoffs, i guess in this league if you lose the first week you also have the other 50 chance to make the playoffs as well. I guess we will have to wait for week 2 to decide who will be the one to chance.

Lets have fun this week. Until next report......................

President, Michigan Chapter of the BCCA / NABA

Return to “NFL”