CHARLIE BACON silent auction details at Spring Thaw

Discussion issues on Beer Cans,, Breweriana, Attended Shows etc...

Moderators: Forum Moderator, Current Officers, Previous Officers

Beverlx
RB Treasurer
RB Treasurer
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 677
BCCA Number: 18483
eBay name: beverlx
Year Started Collecting: 1977
Zodiac:
United States of America

CHARLIE BACON silent auction details at Spring Thaw

Post by Beverlx »

Once again I'm posting this for Matt Menke, who is wrangling the rest of Charlie's collection:

Silent Auction for Charlie Bacon at 12 Midnight on the Friday of Spring Thaw 3/31

Da Rules:

For those not in attendance, you’re welcome to participate via RB PM’s. Calling my cell will make me very cranky! I can accept your bids if:
- The RB member PM’s their name and cell, and gets a bidder number ahead of time
- or PM’s that info plus the item #(s) and bid amount(s). Your bids will be anonymous per your bidder number, multiple bids are welcome.
- and have a friend present at the show who can accept the item on your behalf, or arrange ahead of time to otherwise complete the sale.

I’ll pick up all the bid sheets at midnight and check them against any RB PM’s that are time-stamped BEFORE midnight EDT. I’ll do my best to update current bids on this thread periodically through the show- this is not a high tech operation. There are no set bid increments; winning bid will be $1 above the second highest bid regardless of the max amount. In the event of a tie, my coin toss will settle the winner. ‘Heads’ goes to whose last name is earlier in the alphabet. I will text the winners’ cell #’s after midnight as soon as I’ve cleared my PM inbox.

Payment: Please pay by Venmo, paypal ‘friend,’ cash, or check from folks I know personally.

All proceeds go to Charlie’s widow, Ann. No Buyer’s Premium :-) These are quirky, interesting, impossible to price, and/or hard-to-ship items that everyone will have a chance to acquire. No need to be wealthy or have the ability to miss days and days of work to be first in line.
Attachments
IMG_2638.jpg
IMG_2635.jpg
IMG_2634.jpg
IMG_2633.jpg

Beverlx
RB Treasurer
RB Treasurer
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 677
BCCA Number: 18483
eBay name: beverlx
Year Started Collecting: 1977
Zodiac:
United States of America

Re: CHARLIE BACON silent auction details at Spring Thaw

Post by Beverlx »

More photos --
IMG_2642.jpg
IMG_2643.jpg
IMG_2645.jpg
IMG_2647.jpg
IMG_2659.jpg
IMG_2660.jpg
KCMCAT
Sta-Tab
Sta-Tab
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 0
Year Started Collecting: 2019
United States of America

Post by KCMCAT »

Looking for more details on the Charlie Bacon silent auction this week. Where is it in Harrisburg and is there a link with pics. of the items being sold? Thanks!
menke
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 406
BCCA Number: 23654
eBay name: www.onefullquart.com
Year Started Collecting: 1979
Australia

Post by menke »

Here's the show flyer, and the auction is for these ~7 lots pictured. The rest of Charlie's stuff that I'm bringing (crowns, bottles, signs, tabs, books, weird stuff) will be traditional show fodder. Canvention CAN be fun and good, but this show is ALWAYS fun and good!
springthaw2023_flyer.jpg
Better to drive 950 miles and kick asz than go a thousand miles and get nothing.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”