preparing for the zombie apocalypse

Discussion issues on Beer Cans,, Breweriana, Attended Shows etc...

Moderators: Forum Moderator, Current Officers, Previous Officers

golf_lover44
Grand Marshall of Rust
Grand Marshall of Rust
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 0
BCCA Number: 34341
Year Started Collecting: 2013

preparing for the zombie apocalypse

Post by golf_lover44 »

golf_lover44
BCCA #34341
Collector of current micro and craft brewery cans from Chicago and the USA
stringsx24now
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 309
BCCA Number: 26795
Year Started Collecting: 1975
Zodiac:
United States of America

Re: preparing for the zombie apocalypse

Post by stringsx24now »

By the time one finishes that pack, the last couple will be iron Guts chapter potential samples!
collector of Sick's Select, Senate, and Congress cans and breweriana; beer bags; as well as other fun stuff
Looking for Schuster Brewing of Rochester, MN items and Meyer Brewing of Bloomington, IL

Shows attended in 2024:
LaCrosse, WI show, January
Freeze Your Can, St. Paul, MN, February
North Star Spring show, Bloomington, MN, March

Collections seen in 2024:
Dixie Dave
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 356
BCCA Number: 21234
Year Started Collecting: 1978
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by Dixie Dave »

If you drink a six-pack a day, it would only take 308 days to kill that big package. (last day you'd only have 2 cans). Not that bad. I think there are some people here who could actually accomplish this feat. A handful might even be able to drink all that beer a little faster. The problem I see is moving a package that large. Figuring that a case of 12 oz. cans weighs about 30 pounds (figure I found with a quick google), this is 76.83333333 cases of beer. Multiply that by your 30 pounds, you have 2,305 pounds of beer. Let's be honest, most of us aren't lifting over a ton to walk to the register, put in the trunk (you'd probably need a truck of some kind), and bring into the house. At least there would be an adequate supply of beer to help get your back through rehab. There would also likely be an issue of where to store this large box of beer. It has to be inside- hot garages are not conducive to storage of fresh beer. Moving some furniture may be necessary.

Now let's look at the price: $849.99. 30-pack of Pabst 12 oz. cans here runs $23.99 at Total Wine. I don't know where this picture was taken to figure the case cost there so we'll go by sky-high Louisiana prices. That is just under 61 1/2 30 packs of beer. If I multiply that number by $23.99, I get $1,474.59. By that standard, this big box is a huge bargain. If you like Pabst, how can you pass it up?
Collector of fine rust, craft cans, and anything related to New Orleans area breweries past and present.
waste-man
Grand Marshall of Rust
Grand Marshall of Rust

Post by waste-man »

My ex wife when she was drinking was up to 18 Michelob Ultra a day. Fortunately she has been sober for 3 years now but that would of lasted her 3 months or so....
Shevy85Ale
Rust Master
Rust Master
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1071
Year Started Collecting: 1974
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by Shevy85Ale »

When the American embassy hostages were taken in Iran in 1979, my buddy and I decided to drink a sixer a day in honor of the Americans being held. The real reason we decided to do it is that we were pretty much drinking a six pack a day anyway, and this gave us a patriotic reason to be sloppy drunks. My buddy tapped out after 172 days, but I had very little going on in my life at the time and made it 347 days, finally falling victim to the South Carolina blue laws, poor planning on my part, and a inability to scrounge a six pack on a Sunday. So 308 days of a six pack a day is definitely doable.

An interesting side note: Several years later, I met an actual hostage at a bar in Washington DC. My friend described to the guy that I had been drinking a six pack a day while he was being held and his comment was "Fantastic. I was chained to a radiator in my underwear and he was home drinking beer."
Mike Shevlin
Shevy85Ale
IGU #10!!
menke
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 406
BCCA Number: 23654
eBay name: www.onefullquart.com
Year Started Collecting: 1979
Australia

Post by menke »

that's a top 10 beer story ever.

I once gave Michael Jackson (the writer) a ride from a book signing/beer tasting/festival to his hotel the night before an early flight home. Except all the one-way streets were closed off and I circled midtown Baltimore 4 times before finding his hotel. I cost the man an hour and a half of sleep; he was hammered and kept clawing at the door handle every time I missed the turn.

My dad knew a one-star general who as a young man was put in charge of distributing coal in Berlin right after the war. The first brewmaster he met (wish I knew who) asked him if he'd ever toured a brewery before. He had, so the brewer told him, "Good, then we can begin drinking immediately."

There's the WWII survivors who drank OD Schlitz for months before being rescued at sea. Any other candidates?
Better to drive 950 miles and kick asz than go a thousand miles and get nothing.
oldindiapaleale
Grand Marshall of Rust
Grand Marshall of Rust
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 892
BCCA Number: 34073
eBay name: record-american
Year Started Collecting: 2200
Ukraine

Post by oldindiapaleale »

If that pack was sold in Michigan or Oregon there would also be a bottle bill deposit of $184.40 added to the tab.
Maybe also a sales tax?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”