BCCA Number: 18483
eBay name: beverlx
Year Started Collecting: 1977
Zodiac:
United States of America

Canvention 46 take, highly belated

Post by Beverlx »

Canvention take.jpg
The real pleasure of Canvention was running around Portland with Shawn Millet and Josh Goldstein and getting to see Josh's can collection, all of which he actually built himself. I was actually high on a combination of prescription and nonprescription pharmaceuticals while I was looking at Josh's collection, pills that used to belong to Josh and/or his lovely wife and girlfriend Lisa, so I may have failed to get a picture, but unlike so many, I strongly believe that Josh exists.

Portland was pleasantly hospitable during the day and the night. We had a little rented Ford, so we drove aggressively, as everyone in little Fords does. We won every intersection battle. We parked wherever we wanted. We are grateful to the Canvention planners for making driving the triumphant experience that it was in Portland.

I thought the trees in the Red Lion's spacious courtyard to be remarkably beautiful. Also I got to talk to people like Mr. McGuire, Mr. Boardman, Mr. Nelson, Mr. Bora, Mr. Smoller, Mr. Lindsly, Mr. Field, Mr. Wilbur, Mr. Thomle, Mr. Scoglietti, Mr. Karasek, Mr. Kerschner, Mr. Lebo, Mr. Kotteman, Mr. Ravert, and other leading lights of the profession. Everyone was well dressed and better rested than I. I slept almost not at all before flying to Portland, so excited was I, and then very little during the strange time that the West calls night, which, I'm sure everyone noticed, is the time that normal people get up and get things done.

As a consequence, I was asleep most of the time that people were exchanging beer cans. This turned inside out on Friday, by which time my body was so confused that it could no longer make head or tail of the day, and just by chance I got to the trade floor when it was open, and then found a number of important rooms not closed, so spent time and money extracting beer cans from them.

All these 20 cans and the handsome shirt too came from that accidental and serendipitous Friday. All these 20 cans are weird this & that. Some of them are dirty and some are clean. Most are tall and all were good bargains and I am grateful in particular to Mr. Nelson and Mr. Lindsly and Mr. Wilbur, out of whom a good bunch of them came. I ain't going to talk about them much further because y'all be like, oh, Hamm's, Bud, Busch, snooze, but these cans are and will remain dear to me, all except the Fisher, which on soberer examination turned out to be a sneaking lying Salt Lake City can, the little son of a *****, and I had sworn that I wouldn't get fooled again. But we will. We will all get fooled again.

Thanks to everyone who put that on. I enjoyed that. I think Danny Bora did too, a little bit.

idigrust
Rusty Bunch Website Administrator
Rusty Bunch Website Administrator
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 258
BCCA Number: 27235
eBay name: twinb2
Year Started Collecting: 1975
Zodiac:
United States of America

Re: Canvention 46 take, highly belated

Post by idigrust »