Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 122
BCCA Number: 26172
eBay name: cactuscans
Year Started Collecting: 1972
United States of America

NEW ONE FOR THE BOOK PART 2

Post by CMD »

The Old German BRAND is a near impossible can to acquire .....this one is even more rare, withdrawn free black inked out and irtp stamped in WOW

congrats Matt

Dan
Attachments
og2.jpg
og1.jpg

Wanted Frederick's cone ,Balboa IRTP by Southern Finer, Flavor ale by Monarch, Little Imp, gold IRTP Finer Flavor by Southern, Lucky Lager OI Withdrawn free, white/gold Imperial from Maier, Tornbergs WF cone,Rainier OD cone,Niborg,Acme 3.2% on side panel, Malt Syrup tins or labels,Uncle Dan's Root beer signs ,I-7 openers needed....BALBOA,UNION, ROGER WILLIAMS ALE
I live rent free in his head!
Matt Menghini
Rust Master
Rust Master

Re: NEW ONE FOR THE BOOK PART 2

Post by Matt Menghini »

Thanks. Until now, I had that variation listed as a rumored but unconfirmed can. First one that I've seen. The label was killer. Interesting but I have the same WF blacked out variation for the "Style" can as well (Uncle Roy has a copy as well). Same half *** effort at blacking out the WF statement, and same positioning of the IRTP statement in red letters on both cans. Curious that they would do the exact same WF thing on both of their labels which tends to suggest that they were running both labels at the same time. I don't have the IRTP variation of the "Brand" variation. I have a toasty copy of the IRTP variation of the "Style" variation. Matt
Scott
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 442
BCCA Number: 14868
eBay name: No longer in use
Year Started Collecting: 1974

Post by Scott »

Do all the Tornberg's cones have the 4% statement? I wonder because that's something you see on cans shipped to the Northwest and we do find them up here every once in awhile. Most have come out of the Columbia Gorge but I was with Ed when he turfed up the remains of a grade 7 way out in Eastern Oregon. I can only hope that a few of the blackout cans made their way north and are waiting for me to dig them up. With the WF statement were they intended for export? Mexico seems the most likely place they might have been sent.
The luckiest dumpers don't rely on good fortune, the unluckiest do.

The information contained in this communication and any attached documentation may be privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure and is intended only for the designated recipient(s).
Matt Menghini
Rust Master
Rust Master

Post by Matt Menghini »

The book claims that there is a version without the 4% statement, but I've never seen it. Matt
roy
Rust Master General
Rust Master General
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 123
BCCA Number: 15598
Year Started Collecting: 1975
United States of America

Post by roy »

Mr. Field Mexico is the correct answer. Gold Age - El Rey turn up enough down there to believe that they had to be sold down there. Pretty sure that one of the Eagles I have came north from Mexico. roy
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Conehead's Conetop Corner”