Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1142
BCCA Number: 13970
Year Started Collecting: 1977
Zodiac:
United States of America

Cool Arrow Sign

Post by mmerrig »

I spotted this cool Arrow Beer sign in a local antique store. No price tag on it, display piece only. Owner was not present, but assistant said the owner may consider offers. Came out of an old bar in St Mary's County, Maryland. Question: how much is this sign worth, and hat is a reasonable offer? It is two sided, hangs from an arrow, and has a light on both sides suspended about 12 inches in front of sign. Not sure it works, but could probably be repaired. Both sides are in similar shape.
20160131_151855 (1).jpg
Attachments
20160131_152544.jpg

Chris E.
Grand Marshall of Rust
Grand Marshall of Rust
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 151
BCCA Number: 26223
eBay name: moquarts18
Year Started Collecting: 1975
Zodiac:
United States of America

Re: Cool Arrow Sign

Post by Chris E. »

Very cool sign! I am no expert on pricing signs, but I would guess about $250 in the condition it is in. It would be nice piece to have if you got a place to properly display it.

Chris E.
ANGRY GARY
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 552
BCCA Number: 33293
Zodiac:
Switzerland

Post by ANGRY GARY »

metal or porcelain is the question. metal with frame and light. $300 porcelain $500+
I have had the great privilege of dumping with 68 current and former Rusty Bunch members, to date. Got to hit the woods of Virginia with Charlie Smigo recently.
Gunther
Rust Master
Rust Master
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1112
BCCA Number: 27964
eBay name: us-conetops
Year Started Collecting: 1975
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by Gunther »

I've owned an example of this particular sign since 1992 and it is definitely a porcelain sign that looks to be complete meaning that it includes the two sided porcelain sign, steel hanging frame and exterior lighting hardware which is the steel arrow bar and lighting fixture.

There is currently an Arrow Porcelain Sign for sale on eBay with an asking price of $1500, however this particular example lacks the outdoor hanging hardware which is the steel arrow bar, hanging chains and exterior lighting fixture:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porcelain-Arrow ... SwpDdVgHO7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pete Raimondi
Forest Hill, Maryland
BCCA: 27964
ECBA: 2140
Collector of Grade A1+ or Better Condition 12 Ounce U.S. Beer Cans: Flats, Cones, Crowntainers & Rare Zip/Tab Top Cans
Advanced Collector of Baltimore, Maryland Brewery Advertising & Breweriana - Preprohibition through 1959
Baltimore Breweries: National, Gunther, Free-State, American, Globe/Arrow, J.F. Wiessner's, Bauernschmidt Brewery, etc.
mmerrig
Cone Top
Cone Top
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1142
BCCA Number: 13970
Year Started Collecting: 1977
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by mmerrig »

Is anyone interested in the sign? I can make an offer or gather more information. Just let me know. As Chris implied, it seems like you need a big area with a high ceiling to properly display it.
Sea Monkey
RB Raffle Coordinator
RB Raffle Coordinator
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 958
BCCA Number: 33638
eBay name: Pollywoggray
Year Started Collecting: 1976
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by Sea Monkey »

mmerrig wrote:Is anyone interested in the sign? I can make an offer or gather more information. Just let me know. As Chris implied, it seems like you need a big area with a high ceiling to properly display it.
If you could get it under $400 I would be interested in it in a second. I have my doubts though. Worth a shot. The lights on it would have to be able to break down some how just to transport it.
Scott Gray
BCCA# 33638 / RB# 958 / Qwarts-R-Us #8 / Iron Guts #6
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Breweriania Discussion”