Digging through boxes

Discussion issues on Beer Cans,, Breweriana, Attended Shows etc...

Moderators: Forum Moderator, Current Officers, Previous Officers

Dammit Jim!
Rust Master
Rust Master
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1424
BCCA Number: 15476
Year Started Collecting: 1973
United States of America

Digging through boxes

Post by Dammit Jim! »

Had to take some stuff to the storage unit today and brought a few boxes of cans home. The idea is to get them inventoried so that I have some clue as to what I have. Some of these have been wrapped up since '83. The newer boxes today were from around '90 when I lived in Phoenix. It's sort of like Christmas or a dumping trip or something when I go through the cans since I keep finding things I don't remember and I never know what is in a given box. The good news is that I should be retiring soon with the dozen or so JR cans I found in one of the boxes!!

I did find something interesting, though. I was looking at several Schlitz cans to see where they were from and found a 1968 can from Kansas City. Surprised when I looked at the top and saw the pull tab in place. The real surprise was when I turned it over and saw that it had a label on the bottom with the ownership trail of the can. I assume that 2572 is the BCCA number of who I got the can from, or the third owner anyway. From the looks of it, it was bottom opened with an apparently sharp Phillips screwdriver!
o/` It came from Kansas City, Kansas City's where it's from...  o/`
o/` It came from Kansas City, Kansas City's where it's from... o/`
#1 to #765 to #2572? to #15476
#1 to #765 to #2572? to #15476

Jim Peterson

"One man's hoard is another man's... hoard"

Return to “General Discussion”