History channel

Discussion issues on Beer Cans,, Breweriana, Attended Shows etc...

Moderators: Forum Moderator, Current Officers, Previous Officers

bodean
Rust Master General
Rust Master General
Answers: 1
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 0
Year Started Collecting: 1975
United States of America

History channel

Post by bodean »

Been recording a series on the History channel called 'booze, bets and sex' that's pretty interesting. Lots of history about the items listed but more interesting is how some things came to be. There's history about how Jack Daniels came to be and his genius marketing. How condom's came to be (pretty gross). I found the beer part interesting and how Adolphus Busch came to be partners with his FIL, who was named Anheuser. A-B created everything from refrigerated rail cars, to bottling beer and eventually to dealing with the temperance movement. Some brilliant innovators! They also go into the history of making cigarettes, which is something I wished had never been invented... The most interesting thing to me was where the name Budweiser came from which was Adolphus Busch's first product. I'll just share the info from the web since I don't know how to make the symbols above letters.

(Czech: Budějovický Budvar [ˈbuɟɛjovɪtskiː ˈbudvar]) is a brewery in the Czech city of České Budějovice (German: Budweis), best known for its original Budweiser or Budweiser Budvar pale lager brewed using artesian water, Moravian barley and Saaz hops.

The series isn't over but I think it's four 2 hour segments and I've seen three of them. It's a very good watch but of the six hours I've watched about 1/4 is commercials, so I recommend recording it if you can.

And being a southerner with kinfolks in KY....as brilliant as Jack Daniels was, I would never drink Jack Daniels... :smt027 Only bourbon in this house... :smt030 :smt023

We have art to decorate our spaces. We have music to decorate our time. - Mom
pinnacle-project
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1111
eBay name: pinnacle-project
Year Started Collecting: 1975
Zodiac:
United States of America

Re: History channel

Post by pinnacle-project »

I was thinking about watching this series but did not get around to it. I may go back and record the reruns.

Regarding Budweiser, when I went to the Czech Republic, I made getting one of their Budweiser cans a priority.
Focus: Cones and flats from Michigan, South Bend, and Fort Wayne. Foreign cans only if I bought them myself in the country of origin.

2023 Shows Attended

* Michigan Chapter Winterfest, January 14, Frankenmuth Michigan
* Cabin Fever Reliever, February 24, Mishawaka Indiana
* Buckeye, March 11, Toledo Ohio
* SummerSwap, July 21 & 22, Frankenmuth Michigan
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”