Museum visit

Discussion issues on Beer Cans,, Breweriana, Attended Shows etc...

Moderators: Forum Moderator, Current Officers, Previous Officers

stringsx24now
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 309
BCCA Number: 26795
Year Started Collecting: 1975
Zodiac:
United States of America

Museum visit

Post by stringsx24now »

I may be preaching to the choir, as many of you probably already have visited and know how good it is, but for those that don't know, the Brewery museum in Potosi, Wisconsin is well worth the time to stop and visit.
This weekend the wife and I were down in northeast Iowa exploring the region with the intention of stopping at the museum among other places. We had stopped once before about a year or two ago, but at that time everything was closed (it may have been a Monday). Anyway, of course Sunday was Father's day, so the restaurant/bar was packed, and the place was very short staffed. Tickets for the museum were purchased at the bar, which was a 10-15 minute wait. Finally we got our tickets (of course, I had two passes to the museum but had left them at home). Unfortunately the museum, on the upper two levels of the building, only had minimal lighting on--and none of the display cases had their lights on. I knew with how slammed the staff were they would not be able to turn the lights on, so we just made do. It was enough light to see, and wow! it was almost overwhelming. Almost the first case we saw had a Class can--one of three known, as a sign helpfully points out to those non-collectors that don't know better. I never thought I would see one in person. Surrounding it was (I think) every variety of Poth cans known. It was just the start of display case after display case of breweriana one can only dream of.
I know many of the display cases are made up of collector temporary displays, but the stuff in the two floors is better than any breweriana dream one can ever have. Rare cans, pre-pro breweriana, brewery lithographs, rare signage, it just kept going.
So, if you are ever in the area of western Wisconsin near Dubuque, Iowa, make time to visit the museum. You won't be disappointed. (Well, if you are disappointed, I will feel sorry for you!)

collector of Sick's Select, Senate, and Congress cans and breweriana; beer bags; as well as other fun stuff
Looking for Schuster Brewing of Rochester, MN items and Meyer Brewing of Bloomington, IL

Shows attended in 2024:
LaCrosse, WI show, January
Freeze Your Can, St. Paul, MN, February
North Star Spring show, Bloomington, MN, March

Collections seen in 2024:

Return to “General Discussion”