Prima 116-30 and 116-31

Discussion issues on Beer Cans,, Breweriana, Attended Shows etc...

Moderators: Forum Moderator, Current Officers, Previous Officers

Onefineday
Grand Marshall of Rust
Grand Marshall of Rust
Answers: 0

Prima 116-30 and 116-31

Post by Onefineday »

I'm unable to determine the difference between these 2 Prima cans, recently I discovered I had 2 different Prima's like these, one seems a bit lighter color blue and has the brewery info between the labels in larger print and the contents 12 oz by the seam, and the other is a bit darker blue and has the brewery info and contents 12 oz in smaller print all between the labels. Is this the difference between the 2 in the book?

oldindiapaleale
Grand Marshall of Rust
Grand Marshall of Rust
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 892
BCCA Number: 34073
eBay name: record-american
Year Started Collecting: 2200
Ukraine

Re: Prima 116-30 and 116-31

Post by oldindiapaleale »

I just looked at the on-line supplement, which has 116-30 and 116-31.2, both have 5-panel views and as you noted only a minor color and the thin/thick mandatory line differences. The 116-31 is only a front view and hard to tell what is the difference.
All three could be the same can with only a variation of how much paint was applied at the time of manufacture.
There are no manufacturer name or codes visible in both 5-panel views; who knows what 116-31 has on the unseen sides.
This is an example where some notes or comments would be helpful in the volume one supplement. Photos alone do not tell the whole story. -Billy.
Uncle Jackson
Rust Master General
Rust Master General
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 929
BCCA Number: 953
eBay name: JLC0953
Year Started Collecting: 1969
Zodiac:
United States of America

Re: Prima 116-30 and 116-31

Post by Uncle Jackson »

Given that the vast majority of cans in the Supplement now have 5 images, it seems likely that those cans that look identical but only one has 5 images are duplicates. These duplicate cans may be the result of very minor differences or minor production variations or differences in the quality of the original photographs. Those 1-image duplicate entries are being left in as we cannot prove that the other variant with substantial differences really exists.

Thanx.
Jerry Cole
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”