Can screensavers?

Discussion issues on Beer Cans,, Breweriana, Attended Shows etc...

Moderators: Forum Moderator, Current Officers, Previous Officers

Nobes1010
Rust Master
Rust Master
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 0
BCCA Number: 35802
Year Started Collecting: 1977
Zodiac:
United States of America

Can screensavers?

Post by Nobes1010 »

Are there any you guys know of? I've searched and haven't found anything great. Would love some desktops and screensavers of awesome collections.

MI-Cans
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1128
United States of America

Re: Can screensavers?

Post by MI-Cans »

@Nobes1010
I made my own…sort of.

There was a windows screen saver called My Pictures Slideshow. It would display whatever images were in a folder you designated. I may have brought it over from a previous version of windows. I also use ACDsee Photo software for uniform editing and sizing. It has a function to create a contact sheet where you arrange any number of images to your liking. I’ve used that a lot for this site.

SCREEN SAVER.png

I always kept track of the collection with pictures. I realized I needed a uniform look to enter them into Randy’s CANdb software (work in progress). I built a makeshift camera box (patterned after Randy K’s) and began the re-taking of all can pictures. Just finished last year, more than 1,600 of them. I organized them into categories. It’s roughly 450 MB.

By changing the folder(s) in the screen saver settings, I can look at a single can at a time, a group sorted alphabetically on the entire screen or even a separate category such as all my small cans.

SCREEN SAVER 2.png
SCREEN SAVER 3.png
SCREEN SAVER 4.png

Serves my purposes.

I like your idea of seeing other’s collections in a screen saver. That would be a challenging project.

(MI-Cans)
Nobes1010
Rust Master
Rust Master
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 0
BCCA Number: 35802
Year Started Collecting: 1977
Zodiac:
United States of America

Re: Can screensavers?

Post by Nobes1010 »

MI-Cans wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:16 pm @Nobes1010
I made my own…sort of.

There was a windows screen saver called My Pictures Slideshow. It would display whatever images were in a folder you designated. I may have brought it over from a previous version of windows. I also use ACDsee Photo software for uniform editing and sizing. It has a function to create a contact sheet where you arrange any number of images to your liking. I’ve used that a lot for this site.

SCREEN SAVER.png

I always kept track of the collection with pictures. I realized I needed a uniform look to enter them into Randy’s CANdb software (work in progress). I built a makeshift camera box (patterned after Randy K’s) and began the re-taking of all can pictures. Just finished last year, more than 1,600 of them. I organized them into categories. It’s roughly 450 MB.

By changing the folder(s) in the screen saver settings, I can look at a single can at a time, a group sorted alphabetically on the entire screen or even a separate category such as all my small cans.

SCREEN SAVER 2.png
SCREEN SAVER 3.png
SCREEN SAVER 4.png

Serves my purposes.

I like your idea of seeing other’s collections in a screen saver. That would be a challenging project.

(MI-Cans)
Whoa! That's awesome. I may need to do that. Nay, I DO need to do that.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”