So, who is changing their Canvention plans?

Discussion issues on Beer Cans,, Breweriana, Attended Shows etc...

Moderators: Forum Moderator, Current Officers, Previous Officers

jssiintl
Rust Master General
Rust Master General
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 951
BCCA Number: 28054
Year Started Collecting: 1973

Re: So, who is changing their Canvention plans?

Post by jssiintl »

I got vaccinated to protect myself, and I will wear a mask whether or not it's required, to protect myself and others. If that's a bridge too far for some, so be it. But it works for me. The venue will be taking temperatures and requiring PPE upon entry, so there you go. (The metal detectors should be fun) :lol:

The only way I change my plans right now is if the Delta variant gets completely out of control. I have a lot of pent-up can accumulating to work on.

zoinkss
Rust Master General
Rust Master General
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 0
BCCA Number: 0
eBay name: zoinkss
Year Started Collecting: 1969
United States of America

Post by zoinkss »

I hate to "stretch" this out but; What would Gumby and Pokey do in the face of adversity?
I am a can collector 1st. Mask or no mask, Im going.
Looking for Waukesha beer, water & soda; cans, bottles and signs.
ConeAddict
Rust Master General
Rust Master General
BCCA Number: 34900
eBay name: morecones
Year Started Collecting: 1977
United States of America

Post by ConeAddict »

Be safe guys, new CDC report on delta variant is pretty bleak, especially the part about vaccinated people spreading it just as easily as unvaccinated. Never thought we would be back at this point this summer, bad timing for Canvention.
blake
Grand Marshall of Rust
Grand Marshall of Rust
BCCA Number: 9148
Year Started Collecting: 1973
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by blake »

I'll be there. I've been vaccinated and had covid bad last October for 10 days. The news outlets are always doom and gloom. I wish they give counts of vaccinated people that contract it.
Wanted: Schmidt City Club OD 130-2, Schmidt Select Desert 130-14, Gluek's 165-7,8 and Grain Belt Ale 166-24,25
foreigncanman
Rust Master General
Rust Master General
BCCA Number: 27960
Year Started Collecting: 1975
Canada

Post by foreigncanman »

What is the definition of a public venue? Is the trade floor (members only) public or private ? ( I would guess public because it is a workspace) What about the hotel hallways hospitality rooms etc.The lobbies and hallways to the tradefloor would presumably be public venues.
HiJax
Rust Master General
Rust Master General
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 362
BCCA Number: 27944
eBay name: Pjack100
Year Started Collecting: 1978
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by HiJax »

I'm still on board. Forging ahead, mask donned. Look forward to seeing everyone in St Louis!
Scott
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 442
BCCA Number: 14868
eBay name: No longer in use
Year Started Collecting: 1974

Post by Scott »

After some flip flopping we are in. My wife and I had two close friends who are both nurses over last night. They said the 0.5% of hospitalized vaccinated patients they have are in poor overall shape with lots of other issues. We don't check those boxes fortunately. The mask part still sucks though.
The luckiest dumpers don't rely on good fortune, the unluckiest do.

The information contained in this communication and any attached documentation may be privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure and is intended only for the designated recipient(s).
Cap-Sealed
Overlord of Rust
Overlord of Rust
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 101
BCCA Number: 28462
eBay name: Cap-Sealed
Year Started Collecting: 1972
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by Cap-Sealed »

I'm cancelling. Nobody loves beer cans more than I do but I cant risk my health to go to a beer party with people from all over the country. There will be others. And I am vax'd. With my luck, I would catch it and be the 0.00000095% of vax'd people who would die from it. We had an outbreak at my work. A good friend of mine who said he wasn't getting vax'd because he never gets sick, got it and was in the hospital for 5 weeks. He also brought the bug home to his wife and it killed her. Even if I went and didn't get sick, how do I know I'm not bringing it home after the show to friends and family and God forbid, one of them dies from it because of me? :cry:
Facebook: Roadrunner Chapter of the BCCA
KMA_367
ED S
RB #101 Keeping the Rusty Bunch RUSTY since 1985!
Always Going For Unobtainium!
Calcans@aol.com
Rand
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 727
BCCA Number: 28177
Year Started Collecting: 1967
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by Rand »

Cap-Sealed wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:39 pm I'm cancelling. Nobody loves beer cans more than I do but I cant risk my health to go to a beer party with people from all over the country. There will be others. And I am vax'd. With my luck, I would catch it and be the 0.00000095% of vax'd people who would die from it. We had an outbreak at my work. A good friend of mine who said he wasn't getting vax'd because he never gets sick, got it and was in the hospital for 5 weeks. He also brought the bug home to his wife and it killed her. Even if I went and didn't get sick, how do I know I'm not bringing it home after the show to friends and family and God forbid, one of them dies from it because of me? :cry:
Based on the pictures and videos coming from NABA, probably a wise choice.
Rand "The Can't Man" Lindsly....Foot Soldier in the OI Wars....Honorably Discharged
"I'm a solipsist and, I have to say, I'm surprised there aren't more of us."
Acme. Genesee. - Feigenspan Uinta
MI-Cans
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1128
United States of America

Post by MI-Cans »

That's what's great about this country. You can make your own choices.

I respect everyone's choice, whether you choose to go or not.

I put in too many years to get to this point. I'm not going to throw it all away because I getting careless or lazy. I'm vaccinated and I'm still double masking everywhere I go.

I will continue to do so as long as people are still getting infected, still getting hospitalized and are still dying.

Return to normal...I don't think so...at least not now nor the immediate future.

(MI-Cans)
kruegerbock
BCCA Committee Chair
BCCA Committee Chair
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 775
BCCA Number: 10480
eBay name: kruegerbock
Year Started Collecting: 1976
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by kruegerbock »

I've just been informed that my work related travel will be restricted based upon the level of community transmission in the county where I was planning to travel. Basically, if the level of community transmission is "high" at this website: https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/# I will not be permitted to travel to the location. This does not effect my plans to attend CANvention, as these restrictions do not apply to personal travel.

I looked at all of the places I plan to travel in the next several weeks, and sadly most of them (including St. Louis City and St. Louis County) are in this category. This website is updated daily, and the status for any location can change. I offer this for those still weighing their decisions.

With respect to work, we will be going back to mask and social distancing requirements, although at least my home county is not in the "high" category.
-Al Aprea
mtracy64
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 353
BCCA Number: 27810
eBay name: mtracy64
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by mtracy64 »

We go back to masks and safety glasses at work tomorrow. I'm one of the few who continued to wear them after the requirement was dropped three weeks ago - wow, that didn't last long. I'd rather be at Canvention than at work, and Blue/Grey was a lot of fun even masked up.

Marc
jacoby4664
Rust Master General
Rust Master General
BCCA Number: 373
eBay name: JACOBY4664
Year Started Collecting: 1969
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by jacoby4664 »

I didn't get a room because I am less than 10 minutes from the Convention Center here in town. That said, I plan on being there every second I can, masked up and searching like a HOUND ON THE HUNT for any elusive crowntainer I need. I have located number 305, until I go backwards to 303, long story. But if I can be back to 305 at the end of the Canvention, I will be ecstatic.
PS On a side note. I take exception to every spell check software program putting the dreaded red line under the word crowntainer. These fine cans deserve more respect!!!
Collector of Brewerania Since 1968
William A. Jacoby
107 Lake Forest Drive
St Louis, MO 63117
william.a.jacoby@gmail.com
314-753-0616
BCCA# 373
henry porter
Rust Master General
Rust Master General
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 834
BCCA Number: 0
Zodiac:
Palestine

Post by henry porter »

mtracy64 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:42 pm We go back to masks and safety glasses at work tomorrow. I'm one of the few who continued to wear them after the requirement was dropped three weeks ago - wow, that didn't last long. I'd rather be at Canvention than at work, and Blue/Grey was a lot of fun even masked up.

Marc
I was the only one at my work who continued to mask up and social distance when they lifted the restrictions. As of today we're back to full masking and social distancing, and restrictions on numbers of people in an indoor setting. I'm glad I kept wearing the damn thing.

Should be fun when the students return (I work at a university)....
Wanted: Malt Lager breweriana and Malt Lager cans:
8oz flats: Gluek Stite 241-05, Bulldog 239-10, Schlitz (Class Book) 56-13, 56-14.
12oz flats: Country Club 51-37, 51-37-5.
12oz tabs: Colt 56-22; Colt 45 56-05, 56-10, 56-11–05, 56-12; Country Club 57-18; Red Bird 239-32; Schlitz 121-15.
16oz tabs: Calgary 146-23; Carling 147-01, 147-01-05; Colt 147-22; Schlitz 166-10

Last 2 to complete the set: Suntory 354 and 364.
mtracy64
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 353
BCCA Number: 27810
eBay name: mtracy64
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by mtracy64 »

henry porter wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:45 pm
mtracy64 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:42 pm We go back to masks and safety glasses at work tomorrow. I'm one of the few who continued to wear them after the requirement was dropped three weeks ago - wow, that didn't last long. I'd rather be at Canvention than at work, and Blue/Grey was a lot of fun even masked up.

Marc
I was the only one at my work who continued to mask up and social distance when they lifted the restrictions. As of today we're back to full masking and social distancing, and restrictions on numbers of people in an indoor setting. I'm glad I kept wearing the damn thing.

Should be fun when the students return (I work at a university)....
I'm the only one who doesn't have a preexisting condition or who wasn't sick as hell for three weeks with COVID who kept wearing the PPE. I've been doing it for so long it's no big deal, and it would suck to have to start again if I had stopped.

I work in an office building for years at a stretch, then go to an automotive assembly plan for a long stretch when it's time to launch a new product. We have back-to-back launches at the same facility, so I've been at the plant since the beginning of last year except the two months the whole country shut down. I'm able to work from home about 1/3 of the time now, so that's a welcome break.

Marc
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”