Gluek pilsener pale vs just pilsener labels & Cans

Discussion issues on Beer Cans,, Breweriana, Attended Shows etc...

Moderators: Forum Moderator, Current Officers, Previous Officers

hemmings
Grand Marshall of Rust
Grand Marshall of Rust
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 0
BCCA Number: 29000
eBay name: rareamerica
Year Started Collecting: 1977
United States of America

Gluek pilsener pale vs just pilsener labels & Cans

Post by hemmings »

A bit premature before I have scans to add but wanted to get started sorting this out and see what comes out of the woodwork. Several, but not all of the IRTP Gluek labels come as both pilsener pale and just pilsener. So far it looks like the Silver LP cones come both ways and not the Blue LPS or the purple or blue striped crowntainers- that's my question here- If there are additional Gluek cone variations without the Pale?

On the label side I have, or have confirmed pics of:
the Black rectangles, similar to LP cone designs more or less (Kay 88-19 & 20)came as both pilsener pale & just pilsener . The black ovals like 89-7 that I know of are all pilsener pale.

All labels are IRTP and those similar to the LP cones start with U permit varieties.

Don't have the red 88-21 version (I have Great Gluek traders....) and wonder if it came as pilsener pale too?

Both the Blue rectangles and ovals, similar to LP cone designs, seem to also only be pilsener pales....but who knows- that seem consistent with cans at least???? I have ever seen a silver LP cone style label- anyone?

The Blue crowntainer matching labels are all pilsener pales and kind of surprisingly all 12oz- others? 88-24

88-25 The RED crowntainer matching labels are both pilsener pales and just pilsener on 1 gold foil 12oz I recently found. Not sure any of the red or blue cans have either pilsener pales or pilsener on them help.....

The blue and purple striped cone matching labels all say pilsener pale with one blue variation a Strong. ALL purples are 3.2% (CNMT3.2%AbyW) that I've seen- 3 kinds. These are not IRTP btw.

I have more Gluek label topics I'll post in labels soon..... Will add pics here too.... only about 8.5" over 12 hours.... may be 16" in last 10 days.... so flooded here... Andy

Interested in breweriana with Native American images or language of all kinds.

Return to “General Discussion”