Pics - 2021 Ohio Mini-Canvention, Lebanon, OH

Discussion issues on Beer Cans,, Breweriana, Attended Shows etc...

Moderators: Forum Moderator, Current Officers, Previous Officers

OhioCanGuy
Grand Marshall of Rust
Grand Marshall of Rust
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1157
BCCA Number: 10147
Year Started Collecting: 1975
United States of America

Pics - 2021 Ohio Mini-Canvention, Lebanon, OH

Post by OhioCanGuy »

What a great show, 140 tables sold, walk ins and so many familiar faces. Back to normal? For the most part, yes!

Great two day event that totally felt like old times, in a brand new venue. So great to see so many familiar faces and meet some new ones as well. There was definitely some good walk in traffic and they appeared to be buying at all price points. Also, a father/son duo (pic below) that set up outside on Saturday morning to liquidate a 70's collection. I wasn't around when they showed up, but from what I heard, the few cones and flats they had, sold in about .02 seconds. Burger cone and a group of metallic gold Wonderbrau cans in very nice condition were probably the highlights.

Prices: I was fascinated to see what prices were like at the show give the action we've all seen in online auctions over the past year. My impression was that many/most were what we might call normal (same as a year ago). No doubt some were raised to reflect the current environment, but even those weren't crazy. Also, per usual, almost everything was negotiable. So great to be able to hold a can, plug in a sign, discuss price, etc. in person vs. just buying online. It's great to be back!

A serious BIG Thank You goes out to Art LaComb (Artsbeercans.com), Jeff Lebo (Cansmartbeercans.com) and Tom (BeerCansPlus.com) for showing up and bringing tons breweriana to sell. These guys could easily just stay at home and continue to only sell online. They all made the effort to pack up, travel and get back out there with the rest of us. Was great to see and talk to each of them.

All the guys and gals running the show did a tremendous job. Excellent food truck the first day, pizza available the 2nd, Wiedemann beer flowing both days and INCLUDED in your registration. This show also features a live auction the second day. You could enter items with a reserve if you felt the need. 10% of the hammer price goes to the club with 90% to you.

I really can't imagine this show being any more successful than it was over the past two days. From my perspective, it went without a hitch and everyone was in a great mood all weekend. THANK YOU to everyone who worked so hard to make it happen!
Attachments
Great signs of every style and era
Great signs of every style and era
Jeff Musser & Scott McClure
Jeff Musser & Scott McClure
IMG_3237.JPG
Jeff Lebo's sign in the background, Bill Helmbold's "Billsbeercans.com, in the foreground
Jeff Lebo's sign in the background, Bill Helmbold's "Billsbeercans.com, in the foreground
IMG_3235.JPG
IMG_3234.JPG
Live auction
Live auction
IMG_3253.JPG
Live auction
Live auction
Doug Groth and his evil, and much shorter, brother, Doug Groth
Doug Groth and his evil, and much shorter, brother, Doug Groth
Great beer from Wiedemann
Great beer from Wiedemann
Just some of the auction items
Just some of the auction items
Plenty of shine available
Plenty of shine available
IMG_3245.JPG
Plenty of rust available
Plenty of rust available
IMG_3243.JPG
IMG_3242.JPG
Father/son selling off a mostly 70's tab collection
Father/son selling off a mostly 70's tab collection
Just some of the many Beer Cans Plus cans
Just some of the many Beer Cans Plus cans

Bob
----------------------------
Flats, cones & early tabs. Ohio cans, ultra clean cans & shine. East coast cans. Rare rust. And, whatever else catches my eye.
JustJoe
Rust Master
Rust Master
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1279
Year Started Collecting: 1976
United States of America

Re: Pics - 2021 Ohio Mini-Canvention, Lebanon, OH

Post by JustJoe »

@OhioCanGuy
Well Said ! And couldn't agree more.
Official Janitor Of The Seam Gazers Society
Summitcan
Grand Marshall of Rust
Grand Marshall of Rust
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 894
BCCA Number: 29714
eBay name: Summitcan.573
Year Started Collecting: 1974
Zodiac:
Christmas Island

Post by Summitcan »

Thanks for the pics , thought about going to this show for the first time , But swap A Rama was eight hours closer And the same day .. Swap A Rama was great ... Dave represented good guys well But no Charlie Smith or Art
To me it makes Goog Goog sense !
mtracy64
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 353
BCCA Number: 27810
eBay name: mtracy64
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by mtracy64 »

The venue was very large - the 140 tables weren't jammed in there, there was plenty of room to move about without bumping into people. People traveled significant distance in every direction to get to the show, so I got to see a bunch of people I wouldn't ordinarily see at a show so close to home - had a great time and will definitely return.

Marc
Onefineday
Grand Marshall of Rust
Grand Marshall of Rust

Post by Onefineday »

Thanks for posting the pictures!

The new building was a perfect location for any beer can show, brand new, plenty of room, air conditioned and very good lighting. Hopefully the show can continue here for many years to come.
pinnacle-project
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1111
eBay name: pinnacle-project
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by pinnacle-project »

I really wanted to attend this show. I even drove through Ohio on my way back from North Carolina but there just were not enough hours in the day on Friday and I definitely needed to be in Michigan on Saturday. I am happy to see the show went well and people had a great time.
Focus: Cones and flats from Michigan, South Bend, and Fort Wayne. Foreign cans only if I bought them myself in the country of origin.

2023 Shows Attended

* Michigan Chapter Winterfest, January 14, Frankenmuth Michigan
* Cabin Fever Reliever, February 24, Mishawaka Indiana
* Buckeye, March 11, Toledo Ohio
* SummerSwap, July 21 & 22, Frankenmuth Michigan
Lovegun
Former Officer
Former Officer
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 699
BCCA Number: 3197
eBay name: Lovegun1959
Year Started Collecting: 1936
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by Lovegun »

From all the conversations I had with those that attended and the comments I have seen on social media everyone came away extremely happy with their time at this show!
Even with 2 other big shows going on the same days, Swap a Rama and the ABA Show, the attendance this year was the biggest in years! A who's who of those in the hobby was here, including many first timers! And this year we really put the word out and the walk ins came in droves!! Some great stuff showed up from some of those, and many of them spent good money and left with a new found interest in the hobby! Besides all big dealers with many a shiny beautiful cans, there was lots of great rust! Steve Rhodes made his first trip here from Virginia with cases of tough cans, as did Warren Terry, and a guy whose name escapes me from South Carolina who had some killer Cincinnati rust! It was great to see Rusty Bunch friends & first time attendees to this show Chris Taylor and Marc Tracy, as well as new and old friends alike! Two great raffles, a quality filled auction, and a very good Tom Petty tribute band on Friday night made this a fun filled 2 days!
Attachments
IMG_20210611_101126672_compress42.jpg
IMG_20210611_130104329_compress68.jpg
IMG_20210611_090740924_compress75.jpg
IMG_20210612_103032986_compress30.jpg
IMG_20210612_111251777_compress61.jpg
IMG_20210611_100316912_compress48.jpg
IMG_20210612_102857856_compress90.jpg
IMG_20210612_102616023_compress35.jpg
IMG_20210611_211627790_compress52.jpg
IMG_20210611_134517758_compress32.jpg
IMG_20210611_090740924_compress75.jpg
My take of cans from the show. I was lucky to score the seldom available  Burger cone from a guy outside who had mostly 70's cans. It pays to look! Also better Redtop o.i. from Steve Rhodes, and one for a trader along with both Hudepohl cones including an I.R.T.P., 20 Grand, Redtop series cans, Schoenling and Burger Ale, and Chevy Ale flat from Mark from South Carolina, short run Hudepohl pull tab from Chuck Henry, and the Prior and the Keeley's from the guy outside that I got the Burger cone from.
My take of cans from the show. I was lucky to score the seldom available Burger cone from a guy outside who had mostly 70's cans. It pays to look! Also better Redtop o.i. from Steve Rhodes, and one for a trader along with both Hudepohl cones including an I.R.T.P., 20 Grand, Redtop series cans, Schoenling and Burger Ale, and Chevy Ale flat from Mark from South Carolina, short run Hudepohl pull tab from Chuck Henry, and the Prior and the Keeley's from the guy outside that I got the Burger cone from.
Greg Gromosiak-RB#699 B.C.C.A.#3197
Former Rusty Bunch President, Current Editor, Miami Valley Guzzelette
scrabble1959@yahoo.com

Turning dirt since 1972

Looking for either Red Top "Old Cincinnati" Beer O.I.!!!!
mtracy64
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 353
BCCA Number: 27810
eBay name: mtracy64
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by mtracy64 »

Lovegun wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:29 pm It was great to see Rusty Bunch friends & first time attendees to this show Chris Taylor and Marc Tracy, as well as new and old friends alike!
This is the same show that used to be at a Holiday Inn in or near Dayton, right? If so, Chris and I were there in the late 1990's and I was there in 2001. I'm not sure why I haven't attended more often - probably because I'm not good at saving my vacation time and I'm not too keen on attending only the last day of a multi-day show. I was a regular at Minster for years, and most other shows a similar distance from home.

Marc
Lovegun
Former Officer
Former Officer
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 699
BCCA Number: 3197
eBay name: Lovegun1959
Year Started Collecting: 1936
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by Lovegun »

Lovegun wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:29 pm From all the conversations I had with those that attended and the comments I have seen on social media everyone came away extremely happy with their time at this show!
Even with 2 other big shows going on the same days, Swap a Rama and the ABA Show, the attendance this year was the biggest in years! A who's who of those in the hobby was here, including many first timers! And this year we really put the word out and the walk ins came in droves!! Some great stuff showed up from some of those, and many of them spent good money and left with a new found interest in the hobby! Besides all big dealers with many a shiny beautiful cans, there was lots of great rust! Steve Rhodes made his first trip here from Virginia with cases of tough cans, as did Warren Terry, and a guy whose name escapes me from South Carolina who had some killer Cincinnati rust! It was great to see Rusty Bunch friends & first time attendees to this show Chris Taylor and Marc Tracy, as well as new and old friends alike! Two great raffles, a quality filled auction, and a very good Tom Petty tribute band on Friday night made this a fun filled 2 days!
Marc, you're probably thinking of the Luck o the Irish show near Cincinnati. The MINI- Can has never been in a hotel.
Greg Gromosiak-RB#699 B.C.C.A.#3197
Former Rusty Bunch President, Current Editor, Miami Valley Guzzelette
scrabble1959@yahoo.com

Turning dirt since 1972

Looking for either Red Top "Old Cincinnati" Beer O.I.!!!!
clevelandcanman11389
Rust Master General
Rust Master General
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 921
BCCA Number: 11389
eBay name: clevelandcanman11389
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by clevelandcanman11389 »

I was there Saturday morn. Great show and my take
Attachments
20210612_152140.jpg
bodean
Rust Master General
Rust Master General
Answers: 1
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 0
United States of America

Post by bodean »

Thanks for posting. To see a stamped steel dump truck at a beer can show isn't something I would have expected. Looks like a great show and glad to see things getting back to normal again
We have art to decorate our spaces. We have music to decorate our time. - Mom
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”