Possible New Collecting Niche?

Discussion issues on Beer Cans,, Breweriana, Attended Shows etc...

Moderators: Forum Moderator, Current Officers, Previous Officers

MI-Cans
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1128
United States of America

Possible New Collecting Niche?

Post by MI-Cans »

Most of you are probably familiar with my interest and support of Vanity Lids on cans. Vanity lids are found both on the tops and bottoms of cans from the earliest days to apparently the present day. I came across something while searching the New Cans Database. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 2K craft cans have a comment or words stamped in the bottoms of their cans.

Sadly, there are no images of these bottom lids. However, thanks to the guy(s) working on that database, he/they have included these unique text creations in the “Comments” column of the New Cans Database.

You have to have use the link to the original URL for that database to search for them. The programmer that is working for the BCCA has created a new search function that does not allow you to search for this category. I guess that’s part of their “unification” plan.

Regardless, I have compiled a file with a list of these stampings. The bulk of the Comments contained additional data pertinent to the particular brew such as what was used to make that particular concoction. I edited all the content down to what I understood to be the “Vanity” comment portion.

Example Of Comment Column Content Before Editing:
with waffle cones, lactose and vanilla, brewed and canned at Overshores exclusively for Armada Brewing, Limted Edition Single Batches Series 2018 Release #4, "Ice Cream Paint Job" stamped on bottom
My Edited Result:
"Ice Cream Paint Job" stamped on bottom

Note: I am not responsible for spelling, punctuation or grammatical errors. Process was copy, paste, edit and save. I did little to no typing.

If someone is inclined to take up a side collecting niche, this could be one. Given that there’s so much out there, I sorted the data by state and then by city. I just thought it might be easier to concentrate on a single state for starters.

As for me, I’ve never seen any of these. If anyone has any of these cans and would care to share images of these “Vanity” bottom lids, post them in this thread. Just shoot the lid straight on. Don’t need to see the rest of the can. Please include the brand name of the brew.

If there’s enough interest maybe I’ll add a new category to the Vanity Lids thread. (viewtopic.php?p=418163#p418163)

As always, if you find it to be useful info, hope you can enjoy it or at least make use of it. If not, move along…nothing here to see…

NewCansVanity.pdf
(1.48 MiB) Downloaded 36 times
(MI-Cans)

Return to “General Discussion”