Unrolled

Discussion issues on Beer Cans,, Breweriana, Attended Shows etc...

Moderators: Forum Moderator, Current Officers, Previous Officers

User avatar
63cagedfalcon
Zip Top
Zip Top
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:25 am
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 0
Year Started Collecting: 1975
Location: Bella Vista, AR
Been thanked: 5 times
Zodiac:
Status: Offline
United States of America

Unrolled

#1

Post by 63cagedfalcon » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:31 pm

It's been a week, time to post again.

Burgie is a little rough, looks like someone tried to roll it.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk




Advertisement
User avatar
Leon
Supreme Rusty Being
Supreme Rusty Being
Posts: 16074
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:13 pm
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 643
BCCA Number: 29171
Year Started Collecting: 1975
Location: Mopar City
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 98 times
Status: Offline
United States of America

Re: Unrolled

#2

Post by Leon » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:30 pm

is 63cagedfalcon a car or something else? LEON.
FAVORITE SAYING: WHY DUMP LOCALLY & FIND PROGRESS O/I's WHEN I CAN DRIVE A THOUSAND MILES AND FIND NOTHING.
NOT SO FAVORITE SAYING: SOME CRAZY RICH CLOWN OUTBID ME
ANOTHER SAYING: LIGHTS ARE ON BUT NOBODY'S HOME?

User avatar
63cagedfalcon
Zip Top
Zip Top
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:25 am
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 0
Year Started Collecting: 1975
Location: Bella Vista, AR
Been thanked: 5 times
Zodiac:
Status: Offline
United States of America

Re: Unrolled

#3

Post by 63cagedfalcon » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:33 pm

Leon wrote:is 63cagedfalcon a car or something else? LEON.
Built this in '05. Altered wheel base straight axle. ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk


User avatar
Leon
Supreme Rusty Being
Supreme Rusty Being
Posts: 16074
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:13 pm
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 643
BCCA Number: 29171
Year Started Collecting: 1975
Location: Mopar City
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 98 times
Status: Offline
United States of America

Re: Unrolled

#4

Post by Leon » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:45 pm

That's nice, It's got that old AFX Gasser look to that was big in the 60's. What size Motor? LEON.
FAVORITE SAYING: WHY DUMP LOCALLY & FIND PROGRESS O/I's WHEN I CAN DRIVE A THOUSAND MILES AND FIND NOTHING.
NOT SO FAVORITE SAYING: SOME CRAZY RICH CLOWN OUTBID ME
ANOTHER SAYING: LIGHTS ARE ON BUT NOBODY'S HOME?

User avatar
63cagedfalcon
Zip Top
Zip Top
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:25 am
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 0
Year Started Collecting: 1975
Location: Bella Vista, AR
Been thanked: 5 times
Zodiac:
Status: Offline
United States of America

Re: Unrolled

#5

Post by 63cagedfalcon » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:57 pm

Basic 350/350, never really finished it. Just liked building it

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk


Beercanpete
Grand Marshall of Rust
Grand Marshall of Rust
Posts: 1614
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:47 pm
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 3
BCCA Number: 15082
eBay name: beercanpete
Year Started Collecting: 1973
Location: Eastern CT
Been thanked: 13 times
Zodiac:
Status: Offline

Re: Unrolled

#6

Post by Beercanpete » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:33 am

That Hamm's Draft is an interesting sheet since it must have been for the "barrel-shaped" can--don't think they ever put one out as straight steel with that design. Looks in the photo like it's about the same height/width as the others, correct? Cool to see one of those flattened out!

User avatar
63cagedfalcon
Zip Top
Zip Top
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:25 am
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 0
Year Started Collecting: 1975
Location: Bella Vista, AR
Been thanked: 5 times
Zodiac:
Status: Offline
United States of America

Re: Unrolled

#7

Post by 63cagedfalcon » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:58 am

Beercanpete wrote:That Hamm's Draft is an interesting sheet since it must have been for the "barrel-shaped" can--don't think they ever put one out as straight steel with that design. Looks in the photo like it's about the same height/width as the others, correct? Cool to see one of those flattened out!
Yes, believe it to be similar in size. Never thought about it, will check later.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk


User avatar
Longhorn Mike
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Posts: 3116
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:16 am
BCCA Number: 23865
Year Started Collecting: 1979
Location: Dallas, Texas
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 16 times
Status: Offline
United States of America

Re: Unrolled

#8

Post by Longhorn Mike » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:45 am

Beercanpete wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:33 am
That Hamm's Draft is an interesting sheet since it must have been for the "barrel-shaped" can--don't think they ever put one out as straight steel with that design. Looks in the photo like it's about the same height/width as the others, correct? Cool to see one of those flattened out!
Every now and then, you will see one of these rolled into a straight steel can. I've seen numerous rolled into 12 ounce, and a few that have been shortened (lengthwise) and rolled into a skinnier can can capped with 10oz lids. Sometimes they are billed as "test cans", so beware.

- Mike
Collector of Texas and Louisiana cans and signs.

Iron Guts Union #21
[
Image

User avatar
jinsequa
Grand Marshall of Rust
Grand Marshall of Rust
Posts: 1022
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:08 am
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1037
BCCA Number: 34154
eBay name: Jinsequa
Year Started Collecting: 1975
Location: Independence, Oregon
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 15 times
Zodiac:
Status: Offline
United States of America

Re: Unrolled

#9

Post by jinsequa » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:39 am

Longhorn Mike wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:45 am
Beercanpete wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:33 am
That Hamm's Draft is an interesting sheet since it must have been for the "barrel-shaped" can--don't think they ever put one out as straight steel with that design. Looks in the photo like it's about the same height/width as the others, correct? Cool to see one of those flattened out!
Every now and then, you will see one of these rolled into a straight steel can. I've seen numerous rolled into 12 ounce, and a few that have been shortened (lengthwise) and rolled into a skinnier can can capped with 10oz lids. Sometimes they are billed as "test cans", so beware.

- Mike
I am not so sure about that. I have this can that has the smaller 10 oz. lid that came out of the Olympia archives via Premium Bill Mugrage back in the day. It has a seam that can not be replicated outside of the factory and the lids sure look original. It is an Olympia version and not a Hamm's but it is a factory produced can.

Eric Palmer
Attachments
hamms.jpg
Image

User avatar
63cagedfalcon
Zip Top
Zip Top
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:25 am
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 0
Year Started Collecting: 1975
Location: Bella Vista, AR
Been thanked: 5 times
Zodiac:
Status: Offline
United States of America

Re: Unrolled

#10

Post by 63cagedfalcon » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:13 pm

Great to know I have something unusual.
Thanks for the info

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk


Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”