Two Words...Freakin Amazing.....Check out the International Cans and TOC added to the USBC!!!!

Discussion issues on Beer Cans,, Breweriana, Attended Shows etc...

Moderators: Forum Moderator, Current Officers, Previous Officers

keithker
Rusty Bunch President
Rusty Bunch President
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 969
BCCA Number: 11507
Year Started Collecting: 1975
Zodiac:
United States of America

Two Words...Freakin Amazing.....Check out the International Cans and TOC added to the USBC!!!!

Post by keithker »

Words can't say enough of what the BCCA Product Development Team has recently added to the BCCA USBC Supplemental....There are now International cans and Tin-Over-Cardboards posted in the BCCA USBC Supplement. Not everything is up and running but it is definitely moving forward....

The International cans are coming straight from Tom Hoffman's collection. The layout is a little different as you can see below. There are two ways to search. One is by types (flat, cone, etc.). Not completely sure if there will be a 5 way view of each can. The 2d search is by name of the beer/ale. This will give you all five views as you can see in the image below.

The other addition is the TOCs that were added. This are all focused currently on Missouri and were provided by Mr. Don Roussin. There are as many as 400 that will eventually be posted.....plan is to eventually get more added and not just from Missouri...

Please if you see any one from the Product Development Team Bruce Gregg #248, Jim Wolf @JKW #16033, John Page @J. Page #24671, Tom Waggoner #17977, Mike Newton #30934, Tom Hoffman @foreigncanman #27960, Jerry Cole @Uncle Jackson #953, Jeff Galloway @alluscans #15987 and Ron Gregg at any of the shows you attend, PLEASE go up and thank them. Also if you have cans that are not in any of the Supplements, PLEASE bring them to a show that you know will have the imaging box present.....

Oh and thank them for being RBers as well!!!
Colt.png
Griesedieck Bros-St. Louis-MO-TOC-Handy  Bottles Served Here-1930's-13 X 11 Inches.jpg

DanielinAk
Grand Marshall of Rust
Grand Marshall of Rust
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 0
Year Started Collecting: 2015
United States of America

Re: Two Words...Freakin Amazing.....Check out the International Cans and TOC added to the USBC!!!!

Post by DanielinAk »

Very cool. And they are doing a fantastic job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
foreigncanman
Rust Master General
Rust Master General
BCCA Number: 27960
Canada

Re: Two Words...Freakin Amazing.....Check out the International Cans and TOC added to the USBC!!!!

Post by foreigncanman »

Should have another 10000 pics up very soon and some fine tuning of the sorting of the cans.Loved seeing the Missouri TOCs . This will hopefully be the start of many different BCCA categories. Im getting the cans from several collections as I have been to Jeff Lebos and have others in the works. Tom
Scott Rollert
Deceased
Deceased
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 126
BCCA Number: 0
Year Started Collecting: 1967
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by Scott Rollert »

Bringing 2 to Albuquerque for photographing. Freakin Amazing is putting it mildly for the work they're doing.
The federal tax code is 10 times bigger than the Bible with none of the good news
Brewed in the Heart of the Snowclad Rockies
Looking for Lucky Lager with the date 2-3-58. Will trade heavy for one...
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 185
BCCA Number: 19904
eBay name: mojonitro
Year Started Collecting: 1978
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by Jim Romine »

If there's interest, between Joe Older and myself, we're darn near complete on West Virginia. Who's the lead on TOCs?
Jim
Always looking for Bock Beer Cans - 1 or 100, mint or dumper.
ConeAddict
Rust Master General
Rust Master General
BCCA Number: 34900
eBay name: morecones
Year Started Collecting: 1977
United States of America

Post by ConeAddict »

Nice, never knew there were so many foreign cones or there is a german low pro. Thanks to everyone who works on this stuff.
keithker
Rusty Bunch President
Rusty Bunch President
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 969
BCCA Number: 11507
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by keithker »

Jim Romine wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:12 am If there's interest, between Joe Older and myself, we're darn near complete on West Virginia. Who's the lead on TOCs?
Jim
@Jim Romine
Jim....Bruce Gregg is the BCCA Product Team Chairperson. I'll pm you his contact information....
foreigncanman
Rust Master General
Rust Master General
Canada

Post by foreigncanman »

For those interested in international cans about 10000 more pictures have been added in the past 4 days. The supplement sites were not designed ofr smartphones but often work. I was able to get mine working nicely on my LG7 phone. We should be adding another 5000 photos shortly after convention. Tom
MI-Cans
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1128
United States of America

Post by MI-Cans »

@foreigncanman

Tom,
Thanks for the update. The numbers you quote are staggering! This will be an outstanding addition to the Supplements. I realize this is the early stages and fine tuning is down the road. Your collection is spectacular. Thank you for sharing it with us and thank you for the time and effort you put into this project. You make this Hobby so much better!

(MI-Cans)
foreigncanman
Rust Master General
Rust Master General
Canada

Post by foreigncanman »

The most important thing is that this should lead to more and more projects. I'm really looking forward to future can breweriana projects. I think these projects are the key to the future of our hobby. While there will still be collectors in the future without our input our knowledge will be lost.The BCCA may move slowly at times but I think things are moving in the right direction.
MI-Cans
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1128
United States of America

Post by MI-Cans »

@foreigncanman

Gotta give the new Foreign Can Supplement a big attaboy! Just picked up two Labatt cans for my minor foreign niche and was able to find them in the Supplement along with finding out the years they were in use.

(MI-Cans)

Click to enlarge. (The 1971 has the Keglined oval on it)

Labatt Pickups.jpg
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”