Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 294
BCCA Number: 29503
eBay name: rustyguy
Year Started Collecting: 1977
Switzerland

Thirst for a Durst?

Post by Carl S »

Steve Armstrong was key in bringing these Spokane Durst cans to the collecting community. I believe these came out of an antique store find in Montana in 2012.
durst_find.jpg

Steve A
Rust Master
Rust Master
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 378
BCCA Number: 26414
eBay name: nickkessler
Year Started Collecting: 1976
Zodiac:
United States of America

Re: Thirst for a Durst?

Post by Steve A »

Carl is correct. A antique shop in Montana that I visit when I get there had 2-3 of these Durst and 1-2 of the Best in a case so I got them. A few weeks later I happened to be back in the same town and stopped in again, and there was a couple more in that same dealer case. I ask the shop workers if they could call the dealer and ask if there were more. It just happened to be that the dealer was working in the shop so I talked with him in person. He said he had a couple dozen more at home. I told him I would be interested in all he had. He said he would go home and get them. I was to meet him back at the shop later that afternoon. When I got back to the shop at the agreed upon time, he was not there...I waited for a while and he still didn't show. I had another shop worker call him...he was on his way. He brought in a large box full of cans...he had been home washing all the cans and some were still dripping wet. I pulled out each can and in the end, thee were 55 of the Durst cans, 1 Butte, and another 4-5 of the Best cans. We came to an agreeable selling price and we both were happy. The Durst cans went fast and I only have 1-2 left. This was a great find and all the cans were indoor, some almost mint condition...or as mint as they could be...just like I had pulled them off the store shelf that very day.
Collector of all Montana and Idaho breweriana, US flats (especially bock), low profile cones and bock beer labels.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Big Finds”