Tragically Hip ...

Use this forum to discuss other items not related to Beer Cans and Dumping.

Moderators: Current Officers, Previous Officers

kb
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 600
BCCA Number: 0
eBay name: kb.1
Year Started Collecting: 1977
Zodiac:
United States of America

Tragically Hip ...

Post by kb »

A few ramblings ... First I have been a Hip fan since 92, a few years before I got back into hobby for what ever that's worth or means .. So those who are fans know just what's been going on since Spring - they Are a huge Canadien band , but as neighbors on the border love em as well ... It's a band that I have by far seen the most , 20 plus shows in a 200 mile radius .. 1st time we all saw them the boys were 8 and 6 as we drove to our amusement park and wondered why all these Canadien plates were on road - found out HIP was playing that night - well we got tix !! They have been a family fave and boys and me all try to act like Gord .. We paid big $$ for the 4 of us to see the Hip in Toronto last week - had to go !! Last night they played final show in hometown of Kingston Ontario and in Buffalo we had several venues offer special party nights.. I ran into Jeff Murback there although he wasn't wearing a crazy patched up beer shirt .. Keeping on a beer theme , I recall a 1990s Rustling article by the team of Merry Bocksters saying they left that day to Find dumps listening to The Tragically Hip, so in Syracuse in 2000 I walk up to Merry Bockster " jo mama" and just singing a Hip song , and he was like I like that band ...hey back in 99 when they had a Woodstock show , we all got free passes for vndors and hwile my kids were babies I was able to sneak away for a weekend as the main reason to go Wodstock was to see the HIP.. so we did, but I had thoughts of the COnifer dump, I was able to talk one other guy in to gettting up early the day after drunkeness at Woodstock to drive like 3 hours north to some dump in middle of summer and digg old beer cans. 1st we had to stop at hardware store in Tupper Lake to get shovel and gloves etc.. get to Confier and bang beginners luck- 1 st dig was KINGS ALEs!!-wish I still had that one.. but that spurred ol rustmonger and me to go there and he got those GOLDEN RODS Well I know the guys up North know what Gord Downie is all about - we like him too !! So any other HIP fans, besides are Canadien buds? IT was an emotional show for us- Our favorite is " Nautical Disaster " but we love sooo many... " we are richer for having seen them tonight"

Image. https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.3729593" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kb

go FishN... Toast to Max..
foreigncanman
Rust Master General
Rust Master General
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 0
BCCA Number: 27960
Year Started Collecting: 1975
Canada

Re: Tragically Hip ...

Post by foreigncanman »

Great show last night. Really intense.

who knows if they will be writing more music . Wouldn't surprise me at all.
Summitcan
Grand Marshall of Rust
Grand Marshall of Rust
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 894
BCCA Number: 29714
eBay name: Summitcan.573
Year Started Collecting: 1974
Zodiac:
Christmas Island

Post by Summitcan »

kb or anyone
please post a top ten T H song list .
ready to jump on bandwagon
Geddy lee favorite T H song is 50 mission cap ,
?
To me it makes Goog Goog sense !
Canadacan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1078
Year Started Collecting: 1987
Zodiac:
Canada

Post by Canadacan »

Always loved 'Blow at High Dough'!!!...but just love so much of their stuff really :smt023 :smt030 :smt035 ...although the live versions have way more emotion in them :mrgreen:
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=blo ... ORM=VRDGAR" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ivan... RB #1078 Collector of soda cans & bottles from Canada. Looking for Canadian soada cans 12oz & 10oz From the 1950s right into the 80s.
Also Canadian Beers ,USA Orange Crush bottles And American Drewrys beer cans.
kb
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 600
BCCA Number: 0
eBay name: kb.1
Year Started Collecting: 1977
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by kb »

well i cant give ya a top 10.. too many.. but al out #1 is NAUTICAL DISASTER - its a favorite and its a personal fave with me and my boys- its our HIP song... now we can sing BOBCAYGEON, New Orleans is sinking.... alll 9 songs in their 3 encore sets we all love.. then theres songs like THE LUXORY, 38 YEARS OLD, odd songs like PIGEON CAMERA, LIONIZED and WHEREWITHOL, and then CORDIAL, odd songs like ON THE VERGE, LITTLE BONES.. see we hear one and its a sing along- love them all- way too hard for us to say top10.. then there 50 MISSION CAP... WHEAT KINGS would be any RB lovable song.. i pledge to all of you right now google WHEAT KINGS and just enjoy ... we just watched the video from last week, and felt to expand on the HIP.. LOCKED in the TRUNK of the CAR.. 3 PISTOLS.. post yours...
kb

go FishN... Toast to Max..
Summitcan
Grand Marshall of Rust
Grand Marshall of Rust
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 894
BCCA Number: 29714
eBay name: Summitcan.573
Year Started Collecting: 1974
Zodiac:
Christmas Island

Post by Summitcan »

Thanks KB
being an old sportscard collector
- Fifty mission cap is at the top
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkYoGf0pN9o" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
To me it makes Goog Goog sense !
curt
Rust Master
Rust Master
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 745
BCCA Number: 30313
eBay name: mjb3
Year Started Collecting: 1975
Zodiac:
Canada

Post by curt »

Been fortunate enough to see the Hip a half dozen times over the years , always put on an excellent show. Unfortunately missed this last tour but watched the final concert on TV like the rest of Canada. Love most of their cataloque but my favorite album is Up To Here with When the Weight Comes Down, Blow at High Dough, New Orleans is Sinking , 38 years old etc..It was a loaded album!

Gord Downie has a Solo record coming out this week and is playing a few solo shows in Ontario including the ACC in Toronto I think.
Collector of pre 1970 Canadian cans , tabs I like,Yuengling cans, US cones, Canadian trays and PA,NY Trays
roosterman
Cone Top
Cone Top
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 0
Year Started Collecting: 1982
Canada

Post by roosterman »

I love that band..... I had a chance to see them back in 89 when they played the Spoke at UWO in London Ont, but a last minute assignment made me pass and I had never yet seen them since. I did see Gord's solo tour a few years back as he did a show in Parry Sound. Gord is a poetic genius and a damn good song writer as well. Nautical Disaster is my number one song. The most haunting lyrics I have ever heard. It still gives me chills. "Our conversation is as faint a sound in my memory, As those fingernails scratching on my hull" Other favs Wheat Kings, Long Time Running, New Orleans in Sinking, 38 years old, Bobcayegon, Fireworks, Music at work. I watched the CBC broadcast of their final show with the rest of Canada. What a great band.
Trillium chapter member #58 in the heart of Muskoka
oldindiapaleale
Grand Marshall of Rust
Grand Marshall of Rust
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 892
BCCA Number: 34073
eBay name: record-american
Year Started Collecting: 2200
Ukraine

Post by oldindiapaleale »