LETS SEE YOU FAVORITE FIREARM

Use this forum to discuss other items not related to Beer Cans and Dumping.

Moderators: Current Officers, Previous Officers

chaunasknight
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 425
BCCA Number: 28097
eBay name: hop_gold
Year Started Collecting: 1984
Zodiac:
United States of America

LETS SEE YOU FAVORITE FIREARM

Post by chaunasknight »

Bought a new toy after work today. Dark before I got home. The hand gun range in the back yard can be lit up to shoot at night, but not far enough out for this. A Description of one round made for it:
7N13 an enhanced penetration bullet is designed to kill personnel wearing body armour. The bullet features a heat strengthened core. The tip is uncoloured. A sealing lacquer belt on the mouth of the case is red-coloured.It can penetrate a 6 mm (0.2 in) thick St3 steel plate at 660 m (722 yd) and 6Zh85T body armour at 800 m (875 yd).

875 YARDS! I'll call it my AT&T gun, one that can reach out and touch someone.
Attachments
2012-12-07_17-45-14_108.jpg

Looking for the following Lilek #'s:
Alt Heidelberg 26, 27 Columbia 185 Finer Flavor 270 271 Hop Gold 400 404 Sick's 749 750 Silver Springs 763 Rainier 702A Rheinlander 733 Town Club 790 Ye Old English Ale 398
RustyRaindog
Rust Master
Rust Master
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 668
BCCA Number: 20841
eBay name: johnboi71
Year Started Collecting: 1978
Zodiac:
Germany

Re: BOUGHT A WEAPON TODAY

Post by RustyRaindog »

IMAG2080.jpg
My new weapon of destruction, a Wyndham Weaponry (The original Bushmaster) SRC (sight ready carbine) 5.56cal. I got it in December just before the current panic wiped every AR off the shelves. I have shot it once and am pretty happy with it. It is the equivalent of a Barbie doll for men! So far I am into it about $1400 and still wish to upgrade the stock. I added rails to the handguard so I could mount my laser and grippod. Added flip up sights and a new handgrip. Ammo is a pain to find right now, but hopefully supply will come back soon. Something comparable on armslist.com is around $2000 right now, if not more. Next up is a shotgun!
For the rest of you that own guns and rifles, I hope you have also invested in a good gun safe also-be responsible out there! For those that don't, you are missing out on some fun! Target shooting is a blast, I even got my wife to go shooting with me and she enjoyed it! This is a German lady who never fired a gun before and it is my duty to teach her responsible handling, storage and proper use of the weapons in our safe. God Bless America!
guns&coffee.jpg
chaunasknight
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by chaunasknight »

Nice Raindog. Glad your wife enjoys shooting. Mine loves to too. Doesn't matter how much she shoots she still has a delayed little jump that makes her bum shake just so... oh my....that is worth way more then I'll ever spend on ammo.
Alt Heidelberg 26, 27 Columbia 185 Finer Flavor 270 271 Hop Gold 400 404 Sick's 749 750 Silver Springs 763 Rainier 702A Rheinlander 733 Town Club 790 Ye Old English Ale 398
BrianS
Grand Marshall of Rust
Grand Marshall of Rust
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 0
BCCA Number: 0
Year Started Collecting: 0

Post by BrianS »

Great stuff guys! Long live the 2nd Amendment as well as the ENTIRE Constitution!
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.
-Sun Tzu-
ANGRY GARY
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 552
BCCA Number: 33293
Zodiac:
Switzerland

Post by ANGRY GARY »

My AR-15 bushmaster XM15-E2S has been my recent favorite to use. I haven't done much to it other than a UTG lower rail and a Sightmark 13005 reflex sight. I do have a slide fire stock but it is currently boxed up and not on this weapon. I do keep a few magazines handy as well as having others packed away. I had a lot of dumb luck a couple months ago when I had an unexpected influx of some cash from some signs I sold. I decided to "blow" the majority of it on my gun accessories. At the time P-MAGS were $14.99 each and steel AK mags were $14 each. I bought many of each and a few extra magazines for each of my handguns. Talk about a very sound investment! I have at least tripled my money on them in less than two months. Not to mention the spam cans of 7.62 ammo and the 5.56 rounds that took me two trips to load in the car!
Also I agree every law abiding gun owner should have a very good safe to store their weapons away from children and the low life that thinks he can break into my home and help himself. I have a Liberty Fatboy safe. Bolted to the floor and has a motion alarm built in in case someone thinks they will attempt to move this beast.
And of course my wife Judy loves to shoot as well. Her most recent acquisition is a Ruger 10--22 take down with a Bushnell 4x32 scope and a crapload of 25 round bx-25's. Her handgun of choice is a Glock 19 I bought her for her birthday. A step up from her Bersa Thunder 380. She is getting signed up for her handgun training courses to prepare her for her conceal carry permit. i might be in trouble after that!
As a responsible gun owner I choose to exercise my second Amendment rights to own firearms and use them responsibly. And living in the great state of Virginia I also exercize my right to legally carry a concealed weapon and if I choose,( which i do not), i can open carry as well.

AG
Attachments
DSC00799.JPG
DSC00800.JPG
I have had the great privilege of dumping with 68 current and former Rusty Bunch members, to date. Got to hit the woods of Virginia with Charlie Smigo recently.
Mike S
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
BCCA Number: 32564
Zodiac:

Re: LETS SEE YOU FAVORITE FIREARM

Post by Mike S »

Since we cant get any "fun" guns in NY anymore i went and bought this the other day, its a Marlin 444. Cant wait to hear the bang from this one.

mike s
Attachments
IMG_3808.JPG
crimepup518@aol.com

"I've never wished a man dead, but I've read some obituaries with great pleasure." -Mark Twain
chaunasknight
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by chaunasknight »

People in NY should be putting their fun guns to use to protect their rights.
bantam10
Overlord of Rust
Overlord of Rust
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 866
BCCA Number: 34752
Year Started Collecting: 2000
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by bantam10 »

Henry .22 Mag lever action!!!! Cowboy gun yeha!! :smt026
103_0922.JPG
Bantam - when you pop a Regal OI, everyone will want to dig with you and no one will give you crap anymore.... until then, Keep On Truckin" !
chaunasknight
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by chaunasknight »

bantam10 wrote:Henry .22 Mag lever action!!!! Cowboy gun yeha!! :smt026
103_0922.JPG
My Model 94 30-30 is one of my favorites. Quite often I yell yeehaw after each shot. Cowboy up!
Mike S
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Zodiac:

Post by Mike S »

Jeff the new laws in NY are just insane even by liberal standards and I'm a pretty liberal guy. I used to have 2 94's and still kicking myself for selling them. One was a 44 mag trapper and the other was a 307 XTR which i don't even think they make anymore.
I love that Henry .22 and almost bought one but got this instead. I just wanted a lever gun being i haven't had one in years, the .22's are fun and cheap to shoot but i also love anything big bore so i got this instead. The only downside is ammo is super tough to find and when you can its about 2 bucks for every bang! Might put a scope on it but still debating...

mike s
crimepup518@aol.com

"I've never wished a man dead, but I've read some obituaries with great pleasure." -Mark Twain
iggyks
Grand Marshall of Rust
Grand Marshall of Rust
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1064
Year Started Collecting: 1973
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by iggyks »

I like Rugers... the 10/22, I had one nice one and one not so nice, which I redid with a folding stock, Hellfire trigger and flash hider. Forgot to slap in a 30-round mag for the photo. The Mark II Target is one of the very few guns I've bought new. Love the look of the barrel on these.
Rugers.JPG
I'm constantly finding good cans... in my mailbox. *** My third year of waging Schlitzkrieg on the Flint Hills of Kansas ***
Scott Rollert
Deceased
Deceased
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 126
Year Started Collecting: 1967
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by Scott Rollert »

Being mostly a pistol guy, I decided to get a new rifle. The only rifle I had previously was the single shot .22 I learned to shoot with back in the 60's. With all the "We know better than you" hysteria going in my home state of Colorado, it was time to get a modern rifle that some here (and other places) think should be banned again. Welcome to 2013!
AR-15 #1.jpg
AR-15 #2.jpg
The Colt LE 6900. Sold as an entry level rifle, it came stripped down to the essentials. Weighs in at just under 6 lbs. No forward assist, sights, or carrying handle equals lighter weapon. Ready to accessorize with whatever you want. I chose a Monstrum 2.5-10 x 40 scope for the optics. Upgraded the magazine to the Magpul Pmag 30 (unavailable in CO after July 1), and a monopoint sling. I also got a laser bore sight to dial in the scope before hitting the range to save ammo getting it zeroed. Good thing, since the scope would have been 6" off at 100 yards out of the box. I highly recommend getting one of these bore sights if you buy a new firearm. It'll pay for itself just with saved brass.

Once I get some ammo (yeah, right) and the snow melts at our cabin, I'll start breaking the Colt in!
The federal tax code is 10 times bigger than the Bible with none of the good news
Brewed in the Heart of the Snowclad Rockies
Looking for Lucky Lager with the date 2-3-58. Will trade heavy for one...
Rust Governor
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by chaunasknight »

Backpage.com is a goog place to find ammo. Check facebook for local/regional guns & ammo pages (there are three in my area) people keep each other posted as to where you can find what. Post what you are looking for and someone usually chimes in within a couple days. Might hafe to drive for it, but it is worth it.

Also a big fan of bore sights
LC400
Overlord of Rust
Overlord of Rust
Zodiac:

Post by LC400 »

:mrgreen: Does NOT fit in the Driveway dammit...
M1A1-Abrams-USMC-01.jpg
"ANTHRAX won't KILL you if you just listen to it"
Mike S
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Zodiac:

Post by Mike S »

Scott, when/if you find some ammo buy all you can afford! It may be a long time before you get some more. My dad owns a small gun shop and since Dec he has not been able to get .223,308,9mm,44,.380,.22,.45,00buck and pretty much any other semi auto round whether its handgun or rifle. Cant even get reloading components now.... Nice rifle Btw.

mike s
crimepup518@aol.com

Scott Rollert
Deceased
Deceased
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by Scott Rollert »

I knew going in that .223/5.56 would be an uphill battle, but this is ridiculous. Around here, all the shops are limiting purchases to 2 boxes. As soon as the trucks pull in, the waiting line has already been forming for 2 hours. The one thing I have working in my favor is that the Colt will handle just about any manufacturers ammo. Even the steel Russian Tula. I've been toying with the idea of putting up a really nice can in the ad forum for trade only. Cans for ammo!
The federal tax code is 10 times bigger than the Bible with none of the good news
Forum Moderator
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 552
BCCA Number: 33293
Zodiac:
Switzerland

Post by ANGRY GARY »

i tried the trade for ammo before canvention last year with no luck. ammo can still be had in virginia. we have a statewide site called 'VAGUNTRADER.COM" i have been able to pick up and sell what i need most of the time. i have given up on buying ammo at gun shows since they decided to gouge everyone. i read some where that the Gov. has been buying up ammo to the tune of almost a billion rounds. i guess if they cannot get our guns they will come from another angle and make ammo impossible to get. fortunately i have a nice stockpile. i still will go out and shoot some but not put a couple hundred rounds down range like i used to.
i picked up another 9mm a couple months ago from a local pawnshop. it was a dirty taurus pt-99. looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a while. got it for a steal since they did not have to prep it for resale. have yet to take it out to the range.
scott if you want Tula .223 i might be able to help get you some. i will pm you next time i get to my favorite gun shop.

AG
I have had the great privilege of dumping with 68 current and former Rusty Bunch members, to date. Got to hit the woods of Virginia with Charlie Smigo recently.
Scott Rollert
Deceased
Deceased
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by Scott Rollert »

Thanks AG, Tula will certainly work. I heard the Dept. of Homeland Defense just last year bought over 1.2 billion rounds from the private sector.
Deceased
Deceased
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by Scott Rollert »

Memorial Day weekend 2013, and I got 80 rounds through the new Colt. We headed up to the family cabin to sight in the scope & get in some target practice. Tons of people everywhere in the Natl. Forests but not on our 10 acres. Beautiful day, temps. in the low 70's.
Backside of Pikes Peak as seen from our property. Still snow above 10,000'.
Backside of Pikes Peak as seen from our property. Still snow above 10,000'.
Added a bipod to help zero the scope.
Added a bipod to help zero the scope.
Cindy standing to shoot at cat food cans.
Cindy standing to shoot at cat food cans.
We used these sight in targets to get the scope zeroed to the yardage (about 75 yards).
Colt sight in May  2013 - 4.jpg
Colt sight in May  2013 - 5.jpg
Colt sight in May  2013 - 6.jpg
Once the scope was sighted in, we shot at some other stuff, including an old external hard drive that barfed. I think it has some damage now.
Colt sight in May  2013 - 7.jpg
A few things of note here. First, there is ammo out there. It's expensive right now, unless you feel like waiting for hours in a line at Walmart to get 3 boxes of Tula. My time is more valuable than that, so I ordered 500 rounds of Federal 5.56 XM193 online. With the shipping it came out to $.80 cents a round. If I control myself, I can make it last until the prices start to ease (I hope).

Second, this type of rifle has a bad reputation because of it's looks. My girlfriend Cindy owns a .357 revolver, but had never fired a rifle. She was apprehensive when she saw the Colt, but after shooting the first 10 rounds she loved the rifle. As you can see, she had some decent groups, even hit one of the cat food cans. Don't let the looks fool you, they are very user friendly.

The Colt is now my FAVORITE firearm!
Overlord of Rust
Overlord of Rust
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by bantam10 »

Tomorrow I'll post a pic of the playing card I shot in half from 15yeards open sights
Bantam - when you pop a Regal OI, everyone will want to dig with you and no one will give you crap anymore.... until then, Keep On Truckin" !
Mike S
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Zodiac:

Post by Mike S »

Yes and much more easier to handle than her .357! My dad said he just got a bunch of 5.56 in finally but he did mention the price.

mike s
crimepup518@aol.com

Scott Rollert
Deceased
Deceased
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by Scott Rollert »

The video Mike posted shows the conundrum (at the 1:30 mark) right now. The rifle is so easy to aim & shoot (sorry Uncle Joe) the rounds just fly out of the magazine. At about $20 a magazine. But to see how Cindy felt empowered after shooting the Colt, it was worth it. She held one of her target sheets up to her torso & realized she'd put 12 shots in the center of an intruder's body at 75 yards.
Deceased
Deceased
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by Scott Rollert »

I went to our cabin today for some "recoil therapy" today with my Colt. But this is version 1.2, a little different configuration. And a real money saver. I recently got a CMMG dedicated .22 LR upper receiver, so I can now shoot rounds that are 10 cents versus 50-75 cents for 5.56. Ran through 200 rounds today for roughly $20. After getting the cheap red dot sight zeroed, it was a pretty accurate rifle. Also added a fore grip/bipod for a change of pace. The savings on the ammo will pay off the cost of the new upper by the third brick of .22.
Colt V1.jpg
Grand Marshall of Rust
Grand Marshall of Rust
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 0
Year Started Collecting: 1974
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by John H. »

If ammo is too expensive, you should try making your own. It's really not that hard, and collecting old lead wheel weights from gas stations and along the road is easy. I used my old coleman stove to melt it down and cast it in old aluminum cans as cylinders until it was time to make bullets. Saves you money, and gives you the satisfaction of doing it yourself.

JCH
Sweeperman
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 918
BCCA Number: 12507
eBay name: sweeperman10
Year Started Collecting: 1974
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by Sweeperman »

That video is enough reason for me to say stop all gun control measures. The people pushing the agenda have no clue what they are talking about and are idiots OR they are lying SOB's. Either way stop wasting our time and money over gun control.
sweeperman /// Collector of Kentucky cans....
Mike S
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Zodiac:

Post by Mike S »

I hear ya sweep! Scotts gun isn't even legal here in NY. It has a pistol grip, collapsible stock and 30 round mags, a trifecta of no no's. There might even be one or two more things that make it evil and illegal here.....John im not sure if you can run straight lead bullets through a AR. I've seen some other semi auto's that will bugger up the tip and make it not feed right, most all ammo for guns like that are jacketed with .22's being the exception. In fact i cant remember the last time i seen any straight lead ammo except stuff for revolvers like 38,357,44 etc
mike s
crimepup518@aol.com

Scott Rollert
Deceased
Deceased
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by Scott Rollert »

The .22 ammo I used was copper plated, per the recommendation of CMMG. The magazines I got before July 1, when our "gun control" laws took effect. Interestingly, there are 4 counties in CO that will vote to secede from the state & create a 51st state and a recall election in 2 weeks for 2 state senators that supported the bill. I can see a West New York some day down the road Mike.

Back to the main topic. I chose the CMMG because of it's simplicity. This type of set up requires cleaning after every trip to the range, and the CMMG is real easy to take down.
Overlord of Rust
Overlord of Rust
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by bantam10 »

I bet those are all city gals in that video....
bantam10
Overlord of Rust
Overlord of Rust
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by bantam10 »

How many of Y'all can do this? I've done it many times with open sights.
103_2769.JPG
chaunasknight
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by chaunasknight »

The newest toys
Attachments
image.jpg
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Interests”