Go fast, turn left 2010!!

Use this forum to discuss other items not related to Beer Cans and Dumping.

Moderators: Current Officers, Previous Officers

Rustafarian
Rust Master
Rust Master
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 0
BCCA Number: 0
eBay name: whatsamata4u
Year Started Collecting: 1975
Zodiac:

Go fast, turn left 2010!!

Post by Rustafarian »

Season opener Saturday night and the weather was gorgeous. My luck and racing skills, or lack thereof, was not so good. We drew numbers for starting positions of the Heat and I drew dead last, but at least on the inside. I avoided The usual wrecks a few laps into it, couple glancing blows and scraped the wall coming out of turn 4, but it was enough to keep me from catching the lead pack, I finished 6th. For the Feature taht 's where you start but a few laps into it somebody got me coming out of turn one and put me into a slide - right into one of the tractor tires that mark the inside of the turns. I have hit this damn thing so many times I should put my name on it. Well I put my car on it anyway and it couldn't come off so I was done for the race. Bulldozer lifted me off afterwords and the trans has been damaged - no reverse and not sure which forward gear I have. Front bumper cover was left on the track. So this car is no longer competitively fast. I'll run it in the small car demo in a few weeks. Good thing I have a stash of cars nearby, I'll paint the next one myself (Honda Accord). Ahhhh, Saturday night I'll do it again!!!

Hooper: "That's a 20 footer!"
Quint: "Twenty-five. Three tons of him, eat a man whole."
Daev Larrazolo
Supreme Rusty Being
Supreme Rusty Being
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 804
BCCA Number: 31724
eBay name: HEYBLAMEITONRIO
Year Started Collecting: 1977
Zodiac:
United States of America

Re: Go fast, turn left 2010!!

Post by Daev Larrazolo »

I would be a BAJA racer if I could do it all over again.

Thanks,
Dave L
WANT ANY MONTANA BREWERIANA
Rustafarian
Rust Master
Rust Master
Zodiac:

Post by Rustafarian »

Well I got it running again, trans is cracked so it's dumping fluid like crazy - I went thru a gallon of recycled motor oil (in lieu of trans fluid) in 2 races, but it slips here and there so I finished in the middle of the pack. Too much back pressure, muffler was glowing red so off it comes tonight and I'll give it another shot. I bought this little creampuff for $500 today, I might have overpaid by $499 but it actually runs pretty good. It is doomed to a violent end sometime in the next few weeks, I have a '95 Crown Vic Police Interceptor to run before this one goes into action. Gonna have some fun tonight!
Leon
Supreme Rusty Being
Supreme Rusty Being
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 643
BCCA Number: 29171
United States of America

Post by Leon »

Break a leg. :smt023
FAVORITE SAYING: WHY DUMP LOCALLY & FIND PROGRESS O/I's WHEN I CAN DRIVE A THOUSAND MILES AND FIND NOTHING.
NOT SO FAVORITE SAYING: SOME CRAZY RICH CLOWN OUTBID ME
ANOTHER SAYING: LIGHTS ARE ON BUT NOBODY'S HOME?
Rustafarian
Rust Master
Rust Master
Zodiac:

Post by Rustafarian »

Blew the trans on the Chevy/Geo, she's toast. Gave me a nice and dangerous seat on the track for our race.
Raced the wagon in the street legal class and made it to the semi finals. Ran side by side with the white Crown Vic, beat him by a foot. This is for cars drivers/fans drove to the track, so when we trade paint in these races the crowd goes wild. and we did. Did a grudge match and I won that one, lost to a Pontiac G8 that went on to win it.
Ran the my Police Interceptor in a 25 lap feature and ran into my old friend the wall coming out of turn 4. Found out the hard way about inertia switches on Crown Vic's and how you need to bypass them before doing violent things to the car. Oh well, Friday is coming up fast.
That pic is a .bmp and won't upload to photobucket?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Interests”