Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1037
BCCA Number: 34154
eBay name: Jinsequa
Year Started Collecting: 1975
Zodiac:
United States of America

Re: Crappy BCCA CANvention Policy

Post by jinsequa »

I did not feel bad paying $40 for my wife to sit at my table and take money from people even though she had little interest in cans at that the time and I saw little of the money she got. She initially was just there as a helper (I had a large U-haul and a truck with a trailer) but stuck around once the feeding frenzy started. The Portland Canvention though DID peak her interest in starting a "girly-girl" collection of cans....mostly micros that she had a blast picking up at the Canvention and they are now on the wall of her office. (about 40 so far...now if I can just get her into flats.....) Even the son started a Marvel Character soda collection from pickups at the Portland Canvention and had a blast in the Rusty Bunch can dump. I don't remember if I had to pay for him or not, but either way it was all money well spent on both of them. :smt023

Eric Palmer

Sweeperman
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 918
BCCA Number: 12507
eBay name: sweeperman10
Year Started Collecting: 1974
Zodiac:
United States of America

Re: Crappy BCCA CANvention Policy

Post by Sweeperman »

jinsequa wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:47 pm She initially was just there as a helper (I had a large U-haul and a truck with a trailer)
That's great but she was helping YOU. That's not the point of the thread or the complaint. These volunteers are helping the BCCA and then being told to pay to accompany their family members into the same function they had given their time to help.
sweeperman /// Collector of Kentucky cans....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “CANvention 49 - Albuquerque NM.”