BCCA Number: 26989
eBay name: canman65
Year Started Collecting: 1975
Zodiac:
United States of America

Mountian Dew Cabottles?

Post by canman65 »

Hi Guys,
My kids have shown an interest in the artwork on the Moutian Dew Cabottles. Any history on them would help. When they came out? How many am I looking at? Pro's and con's about collecting them? Thanks for your help. Jack L. :cool:

Mike S
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Answers: 0
BCCA Number: 32564
Zodiac:

Re: Mountian Dew Cabottles?

Post by Mike S »

canman65 wrote:Hi Guys,
My kids have shown an interest in the artwork on the Moutian Dew Cabottles. Any history on them would help. When they came out? How many am I looking at? Pro's and con's about collecting them? Thanks for your help. Jack L. :cool:
Jack im not sure when they came out but i started getting them about a year ago and know i missed some that came out before. I have a couple of sets if interested being i lost interest in them pretty quick.
mike
crimepup518@aol.com

"I've never wished a man dead, but I've read some obituaries with great pleasure." -Mark Twain
naftaking
Rust Master
Rust Master
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 140
BCCA Number: 25774
Year Started Collecting: 1974
Zodiac:

Post by naftaking »

Like mike said, they started a couple of years ago and you can get most of the issues for a decent price. There were a few special issues that will cost you an arm and a leg, but for the most part a issue set runs around $25 for the set ( number of cans depends on the set). A quick check with the ABC (Aluminum Bottle CANoisseurs) chapter will get you all the information you could use.

And keep watching the soda section of your local walmart for new issues from Mtn Dew and Pepsi. They seem to be the best place to get them before you have to go to a second hand man.
smallerIMG_0039.JPG
Looking for New York cones. Fitzgeralds, Beverwycks, Etc.
stringsx24now
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 309
BCCA Number: 26795
Year Started Collecting: 1975
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by stringsx24now »

I had a couple of Mountain Dew cabottles I carried around show to show for a year or more, finally sold one for $3. Still have the other one. They are distinctive, and now obsolete. I have seen 4 or 5 varieties of M.D. cabottles. As a previous posting mentioned, they were found at Walmart randomly.
collector of Sick's Select, Senate, and Congress cans and breweriana; beer bags; as well as other fun stuff
Looking for Schuster Brewing of Rochester, MN items and Meyer Brewing of Bloomington, IL

Shows attended in 2024:
LaCrosse, WI show, January
Freeze Your Can, St. Paul, MN, February
North Star Spring show, Bloomington, MN, March

Collections seen in 2024:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Soda/Pop Can Collecting”