Dumping pics of soda cans from over the years.

Information on Soda/Pop Cans.

Moderators: Current Officers, Previous Officers

Rustmonger
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 291
BCCA Number: 29079
eBay name: 12Horse
Year Started Collecting: 1979
Zodiac:

Dumping pics of soda cans from over the years.

Post by Rustmonger »

These were all found in NY's Adirondack Mountains in the fall of '05. I think this was the first or second year I started saving soda cans. I think all of these are from the same dump behind an old house. The pile was pretty large and covered with moss so the preservation was great. It was about 95% soda cans with a few common beers mixed in.
f05soda.jpg

Those enamel paint Penguin colas were paintovers with Grand Union Diet sodas underneath.
f05po1.jpg
My first rubouts, I screwed 'em all up. :smt022

I'm pretty sure this was either '04 or '05. I think these came from the big dump we found at Trout Lake up in the Adirondacks. This is one of the first dumps we found after I started saving the soda cans. I see a Key Orange in there, didn't remember where those came from.

pop1.jpg
pop2.jpg

These are from a killer trip we made in the Spring of '06. We spent a day in Vermont and then had a day in NY like you dream of. Man, did we find some cans on that trip!
vtday3.jpg
Most of the soda cans came from an old resort dump we dug at the end of day 2 in NY. The resort went back to the 20's but the only dump we found was from the 60's. All the locals knew about the dump we found but didn't know of any others. Where's the OLD stuff????
vtday4.jpg

More stuff from that same dump.
vtlastbatch.jpg

I think this is the only soda can I brought home from the Spring of '07. Found it metal detecting on a hillside with Chris Taylor.
balaB4.jpg
balaB4.jpg (46.18 KiB) Viewed 816 times
Spr 07 Addies Bala Club finished.jpg
Came out sweet!

I'm missing a ton of pictures so this is the last one I could find. This was from a trip last fall. Some of the these were dug out of that dump we're going back to next week. Can't wait!
34 FINALS Soda cans.jpg

Return to “Soda/Pop Can Collecting”