Some More Previously Undocumented Cans (Long)

Information on Soda/Pop Cans.

Moderators: Current Officers, Previous Officers

Soda Can Fan
Rust Master
Rust Master
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 0
BCCA Number: 10291
eBay name: oldwun
Year Started Collecting: 1975
Zodiac:

Some More Previously Undocumented Cans (Long)

Post by Soda Can Fan »

Here are some pics of some more previously undocumented cans. These are published as part of a regular article in the NPCC Can-O-Gram. New contributions would be greatly appreciated!

Following are some previously undocumented "national brand" cans:

Pepsi half quart-This is easily one of, if not the most desired Pepsi cans ever! This spectacular looking half quart was thought to be an urban legend until now.
[attachment=23]Pepsi Half Quart.jpg[/attachment]

Nehi Orange Soda-You’ll need to look closely at this one. This version of N80-3 has a gray background, instead of white.
[attachment=22]Nehi Orange Gray.JPG[/attachment]

Nehi Orange Drink-This version of N89-3 is brown instead of the traditional orange.
[attachment=21]Nehi Orange Drink.JPG[/attachment]

Nehi Quinine Water-This is a newly discovered N80-3 version of the Quinine Water.
[attachment=20]Nehi Quinine Water.JPG[/attachment]

Nehi Imitation Black Cherry Soda-This is a metallic version of the not so common Black Cherry N80-3.
[attachment=19]Nehi BC.jpg[/attachment]

Nehi Root Beer-This is a new generation of the Nehi “Easy Open Top, with the contents at the bottom. I would say it’s likely that there are other flavors of this label.
[attachment=18]Nehi RB Easy Open Top.jpg[/attachment]

RC Cola-This is a maroon colored version of R60-3.
[attachment=17]Royal Crown Maroon.JPG[/attachment]

Diet Rite Root Beer-This is the first non-Cola “Easy Open Pull Top” in the D-400-6A generation.
[attachment=7]Diet Rite RB.JPG[/attachment]

For some other non-national brands:

White Rock Orange & White Rock Black Cherry-These cans are hybrids of sort between W380-8A and W380-16.
[attachment=16]White Rock BC.JPG[/attachment]
[attachment=15]White Rock Orange.JPG[/attachment]

Cott Black Raspberry-Interesting that this flavor has yet to be documented. C1160-11.
[attachment=14]Cott Black Raspberry.JPG[/attachment]

Chero Orange-This represents a new flavor of this very tough can. C490-0.
[attachment=13]Chero Orange.JPG[/attachment]

Sun-Rise Strawberry-This is a new flavor in another very tough series of cans. S1480-1.
[attachment=12]Sun-Rise Strawberry.JPG[/attachment]

Yukon Club Low Calorie Black Cherry-The cans on the left has a distinctly different lighter red color to it than the currently pictured can on the right. Y60-6.
[attachment=11]Yukon Club LCs.JPG[/attachment]

Yukon Club Golden Ginger Ale-This is the Golden variation with three lines of text. Y60-3.
[attachment=10]Yukon Club Golden GA.JPG[/attachment]

Shurfine Ginger Flavor-This shows us that even some of the more common cans have yet to be discovered flavors. S520-15.
[attachment=9]Shurfine Ginger Flavor.JPG[/attachment]

Speedee Lemon Lime-Lemon Lime represents another new flavor in this very elusive set of cans. S1060-1.
[attachment=8]Speedee LL.jpg[/attachment]

Triple X Root Beer-This flat top comes out of left field as I would have never expected this brand to have been made pre-zip code.
[attachment=5]Triple XXX.JPG[/attachment]

Our Value Black Cherry-Another new flavor of a very tough set. O340-3.
[attachment=4]Our Value BC.JPG[/attachment]

Our Value Lemon Lime-A second new flavor of this set. O340-3.
[attachment=3]Our Value LL.JPG[/attachment]

Can-A-Pop Lemon Lime-This may also look familiar as it is another sheet from Jim Wicker’s website that has just been rolled. Pretty sharp!
[attachment=6]CanAPop Lemon Lime.JPG[/attachment]

Shasta Imitation Grape Punch-This new variation has the block letters and the large “Hasta”.
[attachment=2]Shasta Grape Punch.JPG[/attachment]

Gayla Black Cherry-This is a new flavor of G80-11, with the Topco emblem at the bottom.
[attachment=1]Gayla BC.JPG[/attachment]

Cherefresh Cherry Juice-Technically not a soda can, but an unbelievably graphic can with a 1935 copyright date.
[attachment=0]Cherefresh.JPG[/attachment]
:
Attachments
Cherefresh
Cherefresh
Cherefresh.JPG (151.96 KiB) Viewed 1133 times
Gayla
Gayla
Shasta Grape
Shasta Grape
Our Value LL
Our Value LL
Our Value BC
Our Value BC
Triple XXX
Triple XXX
Can-A-Pop
Can-A-Pop
Diet Rite
Diet Rite
Speedee LL
Speedee LL
Shurfine
Shurfine
Yukon GA
Yukon GA
Yukon LC
Yukon LC
Sunrise
Sunrise
Chero Orange
Chero Orange
Cott Black Raspberry
Cott Black Raspberry
White Rock Orange
White Rock Orange
White Rock BC
White Rock BC
RC Maroon
RC Maroon
Nehi RB
Nehi RB
Nehi RB Easy Open Top.jpg (12.26 KiB) Viewed 1187 times
Nehi Black Cherry
Nehi Black Cherry
Nehi Quinine Water
Nehi Quinine Water
Nehi Orange Drink
Nehi Orange Drink
Nehi Orange (gray background)
Nehi Orange (gray background)
Pepsi Half Quart
Pepsi Half Quart
Pepsi Half Quart.jpg (3.39 KiB) Viewed 1185 times
Last edited by Soda Can Fan on Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Leon
Supreme Rusty Being
Supreme Rusty Being
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 643
BCCA Number: 29171
Year Started Collecting: 1975
United States of America

Re: Some More Previously Undocumented Cans (Long & In Progress)

Post by Leon »

Brent, I'm guessing the NEHI orange is a discolored underwater found can. You can still see the remnants of the mud left behind on the rims. I've found many red budweisers in a dredge pile from boat slip/dock. All the red on these buds had turned maroon. I've seen the reds turn maroon on many other water cans & yellows turn a olive drab & other colors change to other colors, ect, ect. People that have found lots of underwater cans could probably back me up & vouch for me on this. I'd guess the same might of happened to RC Cola but did not see the obvious mud. LEON.

P.S. Heres a example of a red can turned maroon. Found this Red Fox in Utica dump, not even under water. Found 3 of them & all 3 had the red turn 2 maroon. These sat on my back porch for past 2 years & the maroon has faded back to red but on this one you can still see some maroon on back. Might have to put on shelf, dont think I got a Chicago version? Most these cans were run over by bulldozer in this dump. click to supersize
Attachments
uticadumpredfox.JPG
FAVORITE SAYING: WHY DUMP LOCALLY & FIND PROGRESS O/I's WHEN I CAN DRIVE A THOUSAND MILES AND FIND NOTHING.
NOT SO FAVORITE SAYING: SOME CRAZY RICH CLOWN OUTBID ME
ANOTHER SAYING: LIGHTS ARE ON BUT NOBODY'S HOME?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Soda/Pop Can Collecting”