Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1063
eBay name: WILLSSODA
Year Started Collecting: 1975
Zodiac:
United States of America

Hope You Didn't Get FOILED

Post by willssoda »

EBayer Bart2112 is selling cans stating they are Foil label test cans. This is a total lie. Nothing more than a sticker over a cheap beer can. Sad what people will do to make a buck. I guess he could say he didn't know.......wait not possible you can see the beer can through the sheet you would never be able to see through foil. I paid a whopping $60 for this can. There were also a few K-Mart cans that went for hundreds.
Attachments
image.png
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Interested in all flat and Cone Soda and Water cans.
keithker
Rusty Bunch President
Rusty Bunch President
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 969
BCCA Number: 11507
Zodiac:
United States of America

Re: Hope You Didn't Get FOILED

Post by keithker »

Will....have you tried reaching out to the seller?? What did he have to say??
willssoda
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by willssoda »

No. Not gonna waste my time, there is no way you could think this was foil. I actually had doubts and emailed him days before asking for validation but did not get a response. Should have known better but what if it was in fact valid, then that would have been a cool find. What I do think is someone found these prints in foil and had them copied on vinyl stickers. I'm sure that somewhere these foil test prints do exist but not on this can. Conveniently the seller does not accept returns. Thank goodness for eBay money back guarantee.
Attachments
image.png
Last edited by willssoda on Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kamsquared
RB Supply Organizer
RB Supply Organizer
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 861
BCCA Number: 31804
eBay name: kamsquared
Year Started Collecting: 1980
Zodiac:
Finland

Post by kamsquared »

Is the label not a real foil label? Canning companies would often glue prototype labels on to other cans just for display purposes probably for sales meetings and such.
If the label is fake, that's one thing......if it's a legit prototype label on some other can....I'm not sure that's an issue.
Kamsquared
"I have your car towed all the way to your house and all you've got for me is *Lite* beer?"
Biff Tannen (Back To The Future)
willssoda
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by willssoda »

No glue vinyl sticker. See pic above I have my finger between the two. They left the paper on so the sticker would look smooth like foil
willssoda
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by willssoda »

Don't wanna make a big deal out of it. I'll get my money back I just wanna make sure no one else on this forum falls for this and wastes their time.
THE EX MAN
Rust Master
Rust Master

Post by THE EX MAN »

HI... WILL SODA AND OTHERS WONDERING ...STEVE EKSTROM .EX MAN HERE ........TO CLARIFY THE ISSUES WITH THE FOIL LABEL CANS .......HERES THE FULL STORY .. I MET A GUY WHOS FATHER WAS A ARTIST AND HE DESIGNED CANS FOR VARIOUS COMPANYS ...SCHLITZ AND COKE A COLA AND OTHERS ...I EXPLAINED TO HIM I COLLECT CANS AND WOULD BE INTERESTED IN ANYTHING HE MIGHT HAVE FROM THE DECEASED FATHERS ESTATE AR ANYTHING THAT HE MIGHT WANT TO GET RID OFF ...AFTER A LONG PURSUIT AND PLENTY OF CALLS ...HE DECIDED TO LET ME HAVE A CHANCE TO LOOK AT HIS ITEMS .....HE DID NOT WANT TO SELL THEM BUT HE WANTED TO TRADE ...IF YOU SEEN HIS HOUSE , YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND THAT HE DIDNT NEED THE MONEY ....I TRADED HIM CANS ..HE LIKED CONE TOPS AND FLATS ..SO WHEN I LOOKED THRU THE ITEMS ..THEY WERE ALL LABELS ...FOILS WITH GLUED BACKS AND SOME JUST PLAIN FOIL FILM .......SOME BOTTLES AND SOME CANS THAT HE APPLIED LABELS TO CANS ......I PASSED ON THE BOTTLES ...WE TRADED AND BOTH OF US WERE HAPPY .....SO ..I CUT SOMME OF THE LABELS AND PUT THEM ON CANS .....SO THEY CAN BE SEEN ON THE SHELF ..IN MY COLLECTION ..AND I HAD MULTIPLES OF SOME OF THE LABELS AND PUT THEM ON THE OTHER CANS ..AND TRADED AND SOLD SOME ON EBAY .....I WOULD THINK THAT A CAN COLLECTOR WOULD LIKE TO DISPLAY A TEST - PROTOTYPE - OR DESIGN CAN ON THERE SHELF ,,,RATHER THAN TO DISPLAY THE SHEET IN A FRAME ...BUT WHAT DO I KNOW ...EVERYONE DOES THERE OWN THING .....SO .....THATS WHAT I DID ....AND THEY LOOKED GREAT ...SO ...FOR THOSE THAT KNOW ME ..I DONT HAVE THE TIME TO LIST ON EBAY ..SO MIKE BART 2112...THAT GOES TO SHOWS WITH ME .HAS IDLE TIME ON HIS HANDS AND DOES EBAY ..PUTS CANS AND OTHER STUFF ON EBAY ....THE LABELS ON THE CANS ARE LEGIT ..AND WILL YOU ASKED A QUESTION ,,,,DO I HAVE DOCUMENTATION .,,,NO I DONT ...THE GUY HAS BEEN DEAD FOR SOME TIME ...OR I WOULD HAVE HAD HIM DRAW ME UP A LETTER .....THIS IS WHAT WAS FOUND AND THIS IS WHAT IS STATED IN THE EBAY DESCRIPTION ...THESE ARE THE ORIGINALS OF WHAT I GOT .....NO COPYING OR SILK SCREEN OR WHATEVER ...THIS IS HOW I GOT THEM AND THEY ARE INSTALLED ON A CAN .MOSTLY ALL BY ME .....ON A SODA OR BEER CAN WITH A LABEL UNDERNEATH ...THEY LOOK LIKE MOSTLY LATE 60S LABELS .. OR EARLY 70S LABELS .... THEY ARE ALL SODA AND BEER ....JUST LETTING YOU ALL KNOW ...ANY QUESTIONS ,..ILL TRY TO GIVE THE BEST DETAILS POSSIBLE ..WITHOUT DIGGING THE OLD MAN UP ...FROM THE GROUND ....HOPE THIS HELPS ..THANKS... STEVE EKSTROM ......
ALL ABOARRRRRRRRRRD....HAHAHAHAHAHA
VNV
Grand Marshall of Rust
Grand Marshall of Rust
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 974
BCCA Number: 33885
Year Started Collecting: 1988
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by VNV »

Never shout like that, all I see is shouting
Canadacan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1078
Year Started Collecting: 1987
Zodiac:
Canada

Post by Canadacan »

@THE EX MAN

Thanks for the clarification! :smt023 ,but next time please take the caps LK off! :smt018 ....that was really hard to read like that :smt005
Ivan... RB #1078 Collector of soda cans & bottles from Canada. Looking for Canadian soada cans 12oz & 10oz From the 1950s right into the 80s.
Also Canadian Beers ,USA Orange Crush bottles And American Drewrys beer cans.
THE EX MAN
Rust Master
Rust Master

Post by THE EX MAN »

NOT SHOUTING .....thats how i type ......EX
ALL ABOARRRRRRRRRRD....HAHAHAHAHAHA
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Soda/Pop Can Collecting”