Forum Moderator
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1078
Year Started Collecting: 1987
Zodiac:
Canada

A new can from Shasta Beverages ltd.Vancouver

Post by Canadacan »

Probably not the most exciting generation to collect in the USA, but in Canada these are fourth generation cans from about 1974 and are tough to find! The diet probably even more so. I'm pretty sure that Shasta spent most of the early years being distributed only in western Canada, and being so it was amongst a much smaller populace of about 6.25 million people. I believe the year they expanded into Ontario was about 1975.
20161121_183406.jpg
This is a cool add from the Winnipeg free press November 6, 1974. The return address for the contest is to Vancouver BC.
Click to super size!
Winnipeg Free Press November 6, 1974.png
Here is another one from Winnipeg dated July 14, 1975...note the return address for this promotion is Toronto, which leads me to believe this is about the time they expanded there. I was not able to locate any adds for Shasta in Ontario.
Winnipeg Free Press May 14, 1975.png
And here are the only other two cans I've seen from this generation. Note the cola has the UPC code 1976 possibly?
So with all the flavors that were available in both diet and regular...one has to ask.. where's the cans man?
This seems to be the similar thing for the previous generation and the generation after this one...the 5th...can't find many if any at all!
Shasta RB-oz mls.jpg
Shasta cola 1976 .jpg

Ivan... RB #1078 Collector of soda cans & bottles from Canada. Looking for Canadian soada cans 12oz & 10oz From the 1950s right into the 80s.
Also Canadian Beers ,USA Orange Crush bottles And American Drewrys beer cans.
7ozdandelion
Cone Top
Cone Top
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 0
Year Started Collecting: 2013

Re: A new can from Shasta Beverages ltd.Vancouver

Post by 7ozdandelion »

great !
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Soda/Pop Can Collecting”