Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1063
eBay name: WILLSSODA
Year Started Collecting: 1975
Zodiac:
United States of America

NPCC No More???

Post by willssoda »

I recently tried to pay my 2017 dues to the NPCC and it was sent back to me. Was told that the future of the club/organization was uncertain.....anyone have any additional information? Watching eBay it appears there are lots of serious collectors out there........Whats needed to get people active on the soda side? Additionally, it seems that most of the beer can collectors won't let go of there sodas...........things that make you go hummm??

Interested in all flat and Cone Soda and Water cans.
Soda Can Fan
Rust Master
Rust Master
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 0
BCCA Number: 10291
eBay name: oldwun
Year Started Collecting: 1975
Zodiac:

Re: NPCC No More???

Post by Soda Can Fan »

I spoke with the new club president earlier this week and he hopes the club will be back on track to issue the next newsletter in September. There has been quite a bit of transition within the club the last year; the president, the newsletter editor, and the treasurer position (within the next month). Speaking as one who has volunteered quite a bit of time over these last 7 years, I agree that people need to get more active. The club will be happy to accept volunteers for officer positions, membership coordination, and help with articles. I will also tell you that it helps the club considerably when members opt in for the electronic membership...no printing and mailing of newsletters and no handling of membership dues.

As for the lack of cans on the market....well, older soda cans are just plain scarce! Back in the 50's and early 60's there were 1,000's of bottles for every can produced. The supply is cyclical based on the number of active, serious collectors and I suspect the population of undiscovered cans or "closet" collections is drying up.

Brent
DrWho

Post by DrWho »

Membership dues to NPCC? I think they abandoned that requirement several years ago. Maybe that's why no canogram...I tried contacting them several weeks ago and got no response. In any case, it would be nice if NPCC members were told what the situation is. Dr Who
ConeTop Soda Can Man
Flat Top
Flat Top
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 0
eBay name: conmarkat
Year Started Collecting: 1976
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by ConeTop Soda Can Man »

Bill / Brent - thanks for the posts. I have been wondering the same thing!!!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Soda/Pop Can Collecting”