Forum Moderator
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1078
Year Started Collecting: 1987
Zodiac:
Canada

The tail of a rare Shasta Lemon lime...or two

Post by Canadacan »

Well today was the best day ever!....two undocumented cans and one of them is a 12 oz!
About three months ago (mid July) I replied to a CL add and and inquired about a Shasta Lemon lime that was posted, I had asked if the can was marked Shasta Vancouver?...he replied a few days later and indicated it was indeed!. I told him I'd take the can and tried to make arrangements to pick it up but we never could quite make it work with our timing and he never would give me an address or phone #. In the mean time during our attempts to meet he sent another picture and I discovered a week later after viewing it a dozen or more times...as I was drooling over this undocumented can :mrgreen: , that it was a 12 oz can! :shock: :shock: :shock:
The urgency to get this can was even greater than before but we still could not seem to get together and I was beginning to think it'd never happen.

Fast forward to today...I was heading into North Vancouver to pick up another set of cans I found on CL and in them was a 10 oz Shasta Lemon-Lime :smile: ...which I already knew was there as per the ad photos. I was so happy to have that can!...of course the 12 oz would have been a bonus.
On Friday morning I emailed the other fellow with the 12 oz Shasta just to see if I could by chance pick it up as I would be in the area. On may way home I had stopped at the mall and on the way out I decided to check my emails and low and behold there was a response from him with a phone number! :mrgreen: ....20 minutes later I had the crusty 12 oz in my hands at last! :smt007

So now I have a 12 oz and the 10 oz Shasta Lemon-Lime, now verified....the bonus was getting the White Rock Lemon Lime,...two undocumented cans in one day :smile: Another note, I believe this is only the 4th flavor discovered in the 12oz size ...second of the Canadian shorter 12's and the 7th flavor now for the 10 oz Shasta's.

Well I hope they clean up a bit :smt023....I'll post some pics when done.
The Shasta's along with a couple of tough soda bottles that came from my trip to North Vancouver
The Shasta's along with a couple of tough soda bottles that came from my trip to North Vancouver
20151010_185613.jpg
12 oz reads: Shasta Beverages Ltd Vancouver BC, (Canadian size shorter 12 oz)........10 oz reads: Shasta Sales Ltd Vancouver BC
12 oz reads: Shasta Beverages Ltd Vancouver BC, (Canadian size shorter 12 oz)........10 oz reads: Shasta Sales Ltd Vancouver BC
Last edited by Canadacan on Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ivan... RB #1078 Collector of soda cans & bottles from Canada. Looking for Canadian soada cans 12oz & 10oz From the 1950s right into the 80s.
Also Canadian Beers ,USA Orange Crush bottles And American Drewrys beer cans.
Flat_Top
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 721
BCCA Number: 15216
eBay name: beer-1
Year Started Collecting: 1976
Zodiac:
United States of America

Re: The tail of a rare Shasta Lemon lime...or two

Post by Flat_Top »

Way to stay on top on the can. That is a good day.
Chuck
Michigan Cans wanted
Sell your Stuff, Keep the Dog, Live on an Island!
VNV
Grand Marshall of Rust
Grand Marshall of Rust
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 974
BCCA Number: 33885
Year Started Collecting: 1988
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by VNV »

Well done sir!
Canadacan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Zodiac:
Canada

Post by Canadacan »

Thanks guys!
Ivan... RB #1078 Collector of soda cans & bottles from Canada. Looking for Canadian soada cans 12oz & 10oz From the 1950s right into the 80s.
Canadacan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Zodiac:
Canada

Post by Canadacan »

Got them cleaned up a little bit. The 12 oz seemed to be tough to get the rust off...could have worked at it some more but was afraid it might make it worse and decided to stop while I was ahead. The 10 oz rust came of easier..I have no idea why that would be, I guess the rust was much less but the paint even before I started was not in the best shape, lots of tiny crazing ...maybe the paint coating is much thinner?
I also posted a photo to show the height difference between the 12 oz Grape that is made in USA for Shasta Vancouver BC, and the Canadian made 12 oz Lemon-Lime.
All three are RO's at this point in time. :smt023
Before and after, front
Before and after, front
before and after, seam...Love seeing the mandatory on the 12 oz!
before and after, seam...Love seeing the mandatory on the 12 oz!
12 oz Grape, 12 oz Lemon-Lime, 10 oz Lemon lime
12 oz Grape, 12 oz Lemon-Lime, 10 oz Lemon lime
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Soda/Pop Can Collecting”