The red zone is for loading and unloading of passengers only...

Questions and Answers for CANvention 47 on August 24th – 26th, 2017

Moderators: Forum Moderator, Current Officers, Previous Officers

Dixie Dave
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 356
BCCA Number: 21234
Year Started Collecting: 1978
Zodiac:
United States of America

The red zone is for loading and unloading of passengers only...

Post by Dixie Dave »

One thing I haven't heard about in the buildup to Canvention is if any kind of deal has been reached with the Convention Center to allow us a window of opportunity to use the loading dock on Thursday and/or Saturday to allow us to unload or load our cans. We're not asking for all-day access, just two or three hours on those days to move our cans and avoid a huge potential logjam of people trying to get to or from the hotel to move cans around. That window was available in Milwaukee and it was a huge help for a lot of people.

I've also been studying the area around the Convention Center on Google Maps, and there appears to be on-street parking available on West Mall Drive next to the Convention Center. Is that street available for parking for the purpose of moving cans around? I have no problem with paying the parking meters. Looks like the exact same setup we have around here in downtown New Orleans. There also appears to be a parking lot across the street- does that have any underground access to the center?

I ask because I want to be able to load up early on Saturday and take off right after the Rusty Bunch raffle, rather than being stuck in a quagmire because everyone is trying to move cans the same direction at the same time. I also really want to avoid having to fool with my cans at all on Wednesday when I check in, so I have more time for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame before I go watch the Indians/Red Sox game.

Collector of fine rust, craft cans, and anything related to New Orleans area breweries past and present.

Return to “CANvention 47 - Cleveland”