Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 636
BCCA Number: 0
Year Started Collecting: 1974
Zodiac:
United States of America

My Spring Thaw take

Post by Randy Karasek »

As mentioned in another post, I can't say enough positives about how well the Spring Thaw was organized. Major thank you to all and their hard work. I know Gary, Jeff and Larry were the face of the effort, but obviously major other volunteers behind the scenes to help things run so smoothly. Thanks all, as well as others uploading pictures from the show.

As for my take, just six cans, but major memories and very much enjoyed the in room discussions. Thursday night non-PC commentary in Beverly/Gordon room with Josh, Kevin and Matt was hilarious. I knew the show was going to be great when I ran into Gary and Neil in the lobby Thursday morning, and the first few faces I see walking outside were Josh and Chris. So many great stories, some probably even true, and funny that many of them contained mention of the same four letter word. Looks like not just my opinion. I also agree Steve Gola did a fantastic job following the provided operator's manual! Aho can be a wild and crazy guy but I really enjoy talking with him. And wrapping the show up with tour and cookout at Lebo's house great icing on the cake.
Spring1.jpg
Spring2.jpg
My can of the show is the Hudson House juice tab, glued seam variation. Best part of this hobby is the many friendships, and Saturday morning Neil Kanetske came up to me and said this is an odd one. Since I didn't have the glued seam variation, he simply gave it to me. Not a rare can by any means, but that can means more than any others since a good friend thinking about what I collect. Thanks again Neil.

As for travel home, I drove to BWI Saturday night, arriving around 9:30pm and thinking no problem, grab a hotel somewhere and get some sleep before my 6am flight back west. Phone dead so first hotel I stop no room. Second no rooms. WTH? Guess Baltimore Orioles have three game home stand and some other major event in town. Hotel desk called around and nothing available around BWI! Screw it, returned rental car around 10pm, simply sat in the airport from 10pm until counter opened around 4am. Had laptop/tablet, so was able to do some real work and beer can work, so all good, but definitely too old to stay awake all night. After breakfast on the plane, I slept for the remaining 5.5 hours, and next thing I heard "we are starting our descent into San Francisco".

Too many names to mention, but so many fun conversations, and handful of guys up to now had only chatted PM/email. Was really great to chat in person. When is the next show that will come close to this Epic one? Sounds like Spring Thaw 2016!!! :cool:

canman65
Grand Marshall of Rust
Grand Marshall of Rust
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 617
BCCA Number: 26989
eBay name: canman65
Year Started Collecting: 1975
Zodiac:
United States of America

Re: My Spring Thaw take

Post by canman65 »

Nice pick up's! and sounds like the show was a huge hit!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Spring Thaw 2015”