Rust Governor
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 442
BCCA Number: 14868
eBay name: No longer in use
Year Started Collecting: 1974

Belated Canvention Take

Post by Scott »

The section devoted to Canvention seems to have run it's course so I'm putting this in the general section.

Having Canvention here in my home town was fantastic. I don't go that often but when I do it involves and airplane and a couple totes of traders at most. This was an opportunity to try and unload tons of accumulated stuff. I purchased a collection last year that had quite a few decent tabs that were very clean and this was the ideal place to move them. That said my focus this year was not so much on picking new stuff up as unloading inventory. I had over 20 totes of cans in my room! The cans were priced to move and sales were very brisk. Unfortunately I did not get to wander the halls much so only picked up a few things. Pretty much everything came from Rusty Bunch members who I know well.
Canvention Cans.JPG
The Blue 'n Gold is the tough version with the IRTP statement blued (not blacked) out. - roy
The Regal Pale is the WF version - roy
The Dutch Lunches are the impossible versions from LA with the can in the O/I panel - Dale
Pabst is a wind tunnel can from LA - Mike W.
Regency flat is the can pictured in the USBC Vol. 1 and came from Warren Hardaker's collection - Mike W.
Tough Royal with blue trim - roy
Seldom seen Rainier 16oz. in pristine shape - Ken H.
Lucky Quart - Don't know the name of the person who had this but the price was right and it's a big upgrade.
Salute - RustyRainDog

I also picked up these Rainier 3.2% cones.
Rainer 3-2.JPG
The older one with the mountains came from CMD and is significantly different than the other one I have.

The newer one is from RustyRainDog. I did not know this can existed. The front is a mess but the side works.

The luckiest dumpers don't rely on good fortune, the unluckiest do.

The information contained in this communication and any attached documentation may be privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure and is intended only for the designated recipient(s).
keithker
Rusty Bunch President
Rusty Bunch President
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 969
BCCA Number: 11507
Year Started Collecting: 1975
Zodiac:
United States of America

Re: Belated Canvention Take

Post by keithker »

Scott.....any later and it would have been identified as your Spring Thaw take....great to see the photos and thanks again so much for your support to this Chapter......
foreigncanman
Rust Master General
Rust Master General
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 0
BCCA Number: 27960
Year Started Collecting: 1975
Canada

Re: Belated Canvention Take

Post by foreigncanman »

Great Royal can. Never see the blue ones. Tom
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic