Wanted: CA tab variations - 2017 update

Post your want lists here. (Beer related only)

Moderators: Forum Moderator, Current Officers, Previous Officers

Forum rules
The Rusty Bunch holds no responsibility for transactions made by members and/or non-members.
**YOU MUST BE A RUSTY BUNCH MEMBER TO POST WANT LIST**
Randy Karasek
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 636
BCCA Number: 0
Year Started Collecting: 1974
Zodiac:
United States of America

Wanted: CA tab variations - 2017 update

Post by Randy Karasek »

Back from great Green Bay Titletown show and perked up search for some California tab top variations. I found two fairly tough variations at the show, and hopefully the following a bit easier, but I still have not found them.

Image Image Image
This is normally a pretty easy can from General Brewing Company, but I am looking for wide seam, not the normal glued seam. Seam picture is from an old EBay auction.

Image Image Image
Another pretty easy can from Maier. 1970's example, with standard pull tab and zip code on the mandatory. However, all my examples are wide seam and I am looking for a glued seam variation. Seam picture is from an old EBay auction.

Image Image Image
The Old Vienna "6 for 87" from Maier is a tougher can but still a number of glued seam examples from American Can Company, and wide seam examples from National Can Company, but I am looking for the above glued seam variation from National Can Company.

This one may be the toughest of the above four tabs. Picture is from an EBay auction I had on my watch list that closed years ago for less than $10. I simply forgot to bid and have not seen another. This is similar design as the flat top with "NET CONTENTS 12 FLUID OUNCES", and likely a short transition to the much more common tab with "NET CONTENTS 12 FL OZS". I am looking for the 12 FLUID OUNCES variation.

Thanks for looking. If anyone has any of the above for sale/trade, please drop me PM, Email, or post here.

Wrestling Nut
Rust Master General
Rust Master General
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1131
BCCA Number: 34647
eBay name: wrestlingnutbrad
Year Started Collecting: 2013
Zodiac:
United States of America

Re: Wanted: CA tab variations - 2017 update

Post by Wrestling Nut »

Randy, I saw that you picked up the two Fischer $0.99 (in red) tabs at the show. Congrats on getting them. I know those are tough. I'll keep an eye out for these four.
A true friend will lie for you but not to you.
Rockbob
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 824
BCCA Number: 30760
eBay name: rockbobford
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by Rockbob »

I have the Alpine variation you need. I normally don't sell or trade off the shelf, but I'm willing to listen to an offer.
Attachments
alpine.jpg
RockBob, Rocko, Rockford Bob, Pinhead
Collector of all things from Chicago and cans I dig
Ironguts Union #11
Randy Karasek
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 636
BCCA Number: 0
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by Randy Karasek »

Rockbob wrote: Thu May 04, 2017 2:15 am I have the Alpine variation you need. I normally don't sell or trade off the shelf, but I'm willing to listen to an offer.
Thanks Bob, PM sent. I don't want or expect anyone to trade off their shelves, just posting to see if anyone has extras of some variations. I don't believe anything on this want list is rare, just a matter of me keep looking and a variety of different shows, different collectors.

Hope you have great dumping trip this coming week in the UP. Mr Yooper told some great stories at Green Bay show, and hope you guys make some new ones!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Want Lists”