Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 126
BCCA Number: 0
Year Started Collecting: 1967
Zodiac:
United States of America

Coors JMC can code

Post by Scott Rollert »

Thanks to Edski and his correspondence with Coors, the mysterious JMC can code has been cracked!

Ed,
Thank you for contacting MillerCoors. I apologize for the delay in my response. I will do my best to answer your questions.

I have not been able to find out any information about the Pacific Can Company – beyond the fact that before Coors starting making our own cans, we shipped in cans from California and Missouri. This would have been in the late 1940s-mid 1950s.

The other can with the stamp JMC I can help with. The JMC stands for Jeffco Manufacturing Company. It was started as a subsidiary of Morton House Kitchens, Inc. of Nebraska City, Nebraska. The sole purpose of the start of JMC was to produce cans for Coors. Coors and JMC had a long history of cooperation, with the Coors Container Company helping them install their own aluminum can lines while JMC produced a huge amount of cans for Coors. JMC was acquired by the Ball Brothers in 1969. Today that is the Ball Corporation, who continues to make cans for Coors.

As for your other question – we never made a zip top can like the image provided. We went from the flat top, to pull tops, to our own tab designs, back to pull tops and finally to stay on tabs. We did have several ends that were one of kind though. The push tab 1 and 2. I have attached 2 images that show those two ends.

I hope I have been of some assistance and please feel free to reach out to me if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Melanie Keerins
MillerCoors Golden Archives

The federal tax code is 10 times bigger than the Bible with none of the good news
Brewed in the Heart of the Snowclad Rockies
Looking for Lucky Lager with the date 2-3-58. Will trade heavy for one...

Return to “Colorado Composite List”