Question about Beer Label - Printer Proof?

Discussion on Bottle Labels

Moderators: Current Officers, Previous Officers

beerhunter14
Rust Master General
Rust Master General
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1121
BCCA Number: 32460
Year Started Collecting: 2004
Zodiac:
United States of America

Question about Beer Label - Printer Proof?

Post by beerhunter14 »

I came across a beer label on ebay that I was interesting in but I did not bid on it because I think it not legit . I have question than answer and hopefully somebody can answer it.
1} Is there such of thing a beer label " Printer Proof" ?
2) Would you buy a beer label - Printer Proof from Ebay ?
3] If so, What are the things you look for on a beer label - Printer Proof if the label is legit.
4} Would you rather have, a original label or Printer Proof label ?

The reason why , I did not bid on it. 1. It only show 1 photo. 2} The ebay seller description as a Printer Proof label.. So I contact the ebay seller ask him What is Printer Proof. . He mention it have a cross hair on the border edge of the label. before it approve from the brewery. What crosshair mean that they is one line mark on the center , Top ,bottom,left and Right side , normally it on the edge So I ask him if is original, He said yes.. I just don"t know if it was a legit beer label - Printer Proof. I do know original beer label have a very thin paper. But for Printer Proof ????? To me , observantly, Somebody can use the original the beer label , then copy on a laser jet copy machine ,put a pen mark on the border line of the beer label as a cross hair and say " Printer Proof "
Does anybody know about this ??

Return to “Bottle Labels”