Rusty Bunch Member Number: 417
BCCA Number: 29470
eBay name: Longopener
Year Started Collecting: 1976
Zodiac:
United States of America

Welcome to the Early Tab Guide

Post by Longopener »

Kamsquared and I will be moderating this section of the site which will focus on showing tops, seams and can company information found on those cans. It may take us a little while to get it started.

Until we get a better idea of how we're going to handle this forum, we want to keep this are clean and uncluttered so don't take offense if we move your posts from this forum to General Discussion as this space will initially only feature documentation of Zips rather than the discussion of.

Feel free to PM or email us thru the site to converse on aspects of zips or continue discussions in the General Discussions forum.

Longopener
Kamsquared

kamsquared
RB Supply Organizer
RB Supply Organizer
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 861
BCCA Number: 31804
eBay name: kamsquared
Year Started Collecting: 1980
Zodiac:
Finland

Re: Welcome to the Early Tab Guide

Post by kamsquared »

The Early Tab Guide was created to educate Rusty Bunch subscribers & document the design of tops, tabs, and construction of self opening beer containers.
Subscribers are encouraged to post & document all types of self openers per the format shown.
This format was chosen so that a container can be categorized regardless if the tab is in tact or not.

Please submit the following with your post:
  • Beer name, Brewery, Canning Co, Canning code, & USBC # (if listed)
    Picture of the can face
    Picture of the can top
    Picture of the can seam (GEN I, GENII, & GEN III only)

If you have a flat top version of the GEN I, II, or III example you are posting, also include a picture of the flat top face, seam, and note any difference to the tab example.
For the later ring pulls & sta-tabs, only unique tops will be accepted (not brewers) due to the wide variety & number of cans in these eras.
Please comment if you have suspicions that your tab can has had a top rolled on that was not original…….In Rust We Trust.
Kamsquared
"I have your car towed all the way to your house and all you've got for me is *Lite* beer?"
Biff Tannen (Back To The Future)
Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Introduction”