Breweriana Items Listed by Brewery

Moderators: Forum Moderator, Current Officers, Previous Officers

Nybrews
Deceased
Deceased
Answers: 0

Antique Store finds

Post by Nybrews »

Three weeks ago or so my wife Dena and I decided to hit some antique stores on the Mi-IN border. The first three were pretty much the usual stuff, mirrors, fairly current cans, and an few common neons. As we worked our way back into Michigan, Dena said "let's hit this one before we head home." I was fine with that, and we stopped.

It had been some time since much had turned up that made one's heart beat faster. She went one way, and I went another. About a half an hour after we parted ways, Dena came up to me and asked if I had seen a certain both, which had beer signs. I told her that I had not.

She marched me down the aisles crowded with glass, ephemera, license plates, old lamps etc. When she suddenly stopped, I did too. She pointed downward toward the bottom shelf of a cabinet.

I shook my head, not really believing what my eyes we seeing. I asked one of the ladies who worked at the mall to open the cabinet, which she graciously did. I pointed to the items that I wanted to eyeball. The first was a Kling's TOC from Flint, which, aside from a couple minor scratches, was very nice. Then came the next one, an absolutely mint Food City TOC from Battle Creek, MI, which is without a doubt the cleanest of it's type I'd ever seen. Also out of the cabinet came a nice Copper club cone, an Alpine ball knob in rough shape from Grand Rapids, MI. and a couple very reasonably priced ball knobs from Mi. Alter Lager and an E+B.

The lady who opened the case we nice enough to call the owner of this find, and we came to an agreement. This was the first unreal find in years, but it was one of the very best. So, don't give up on antique stores. You just never know.

If you want to see pictures of the signs etc, drop me an email at NYBREWS@aol.com

Good hunting,
Dave

iggyks
Grand Marshall of Rust
Grand Marshall of Rust
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1064
Year Started Collecting: 1973
Zodiac:
United States of America

Re: Antique Store finds

Post by iggyks »

Incredible! Hope I'm ten percent that lucky some day!
I'm constantly finding good cans... in my mailbox. *** My third year of waging Schlitzkrieg on the Flint Hills of Kansas ***
thatsus02
BCCA Vice President
BCCA Vice President
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1050
BCCA Number: 32806
eBay name: thatsus02
Year Started Collecting: 1990
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by thatsus02 »

you deserve some good fortune. you have been very generous and important to this club and all of us.
President, Michigan Chapter of the BCCA / NABA
idigrust
Rusty Bunch Website Administrator
Rusty Bunch Website Administrator
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 258
BCCA Number: 27235
eBay name: twinb2
Year Started Collecting: 1975
Zodiac:
United States of America