Rust Master
Rust Master
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 0
Year Started Collecting: 1998
United States of America

New to the forum

Post by CrustyRusty »

But not to can collecting.....Been out of the loop for several years, I used to dump 20 years ago and am shocked to see what's still being pulled out of the ground!....I mostly dumped in western PA and did pretty good, mostly common stuff, but the occasional harder to find cans would be found, I need to get back over there again because I never fully dug the many dumps and or sites that have cans, the best find from back then was some "Keg-O-Beers" (concave bottom) with some led-gable caps about two feet down in a hollow next to a very old and large white pine tree, I think a whole case was dumped there, only one came out fully intact, only pic at the moment of that one can.....anyway hoping to get out and do some more digging in the near future.
IMAG0702.JPG

DaveNH
Deceased
Deceased
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1016
BCCA Number: 6727
eBay name: drt1r5
Year Started Collecting: 1975
Zodiac:
United States of America

Re: New to the forum

Post by DaveNH »

Welcome CrustyRusty. Glad you stopped by and posted. There's a wealth of info on the site and friendly and extremely knowledgeable guys here to help with questions or anything. Hopefully, if you like what you see you'll consider becoming a member down the road. Yeah, there are still cans everywhere if you are patient and get out and look. Nice Keg-o-beer!!
Thanks. Dave
Sea Monkey
RB Raffle Coordinator
RB Raffle Coordinator
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 958
BCCA Number: 33638
eBay name: Pollywoggray
Year Started Collecting: 1976
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by Sea Monkey »

CrustyRusty Welcome aboard. Poke around the site for a while. There is TONS of information and stories to get the old dumping juices flowing!
Scott Gray
BCCA# 33638 / RB# 958 / Qwarts-R-Us #8 / Iron Guts #6
keithker
Rusty Bunch President
Rusty Bunch President
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 969
BCCA Number: 11507
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by keithker »

@CrustyRusty First I want to compliment you on the name chosen....Well done...hopefully we can get your collection interests flowing again and maybe enough to hopefully get you back out in the woods digging again....

Western Pa has some choice cans to be dug.....Hope to see you post 20-30 Iron City OIs. Reach out to Jim Hall @Conehead since western Pa was some of his old stopping grounds....

As I always say....no question in this forum is a dumb question. Please ask away and feel welcome to this hobby we all love and enjoy.....
idigrust
Rusty Bunch Website Administrator
Rusty Bunch Website Administrator
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 258
BCCA Number: 27235
eBay name: twinb2
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by idigrust »

@CrustyRusty Welcome! Not sure how close you are to Cleveland but there is a large show there Oct 12th and 13th. Also, there is a HUGE show in April in Mechanicsburg PA.
Dan Bora - RB Webmaster
CrustyRusty
Rust Master
Rust Master
United States of America

Post by CrustyRusty »

keithker wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:35 pm @CrustyRusty First I want to compliment you on the name chosen....Well done...hopefully we can get your collection interests flowing again and maybe enough to hopefully get you back out in the woods digging again....

Western Pa has some choice cans to be dug.....Hope to see you post 20-30 Iron City OIs. Reach out to Jim Hall @Conehead since western Pa was some of his old stopping grounds....

As I always say....no question in this forum is a dumb question. Please ask away and feel welcome to this hobby we all love and enjoy.....
Thank You sir...lol about the name chosen, mainly used it just for this forum, and I still like the thrill of the hunt and seeing if a long forgotten can or cans can be brought back to displayable condition....though most cans I have now are nice condition cans with few exceptions, I recently jumped on a listing on the bay for a lot of Rolling rock cans (hoping this is okay adding this here, I couldn't find a section on the forum about dumpers listed on the bay or other sales sites), after looking much closer to the cans listed I noticed the first one on the left is the tough variation flat top, a can I've always wanted, it looks as if it should clean up well.
s-l1600 (18).jpg
CrustyRusty
Rust Master
Rust Master
United States of America

Post by CrustyRusty »

idigrust wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:09 pm @CrustyRusty Welcome! Not sure how close you are to Cleveland but there is a large show there Oct 12th and 13th. Also, there is a HUGE show in April in Mechanicsburg PA.
Thank you, I'm hoping to make the show in Brecksville and then maybe the show in Austintown...... ;)
CrustyRusty
Rust Master
Rust Master
United States of America

Post by CrustyRusty »

Sea Monkey wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:04 pm CrustyRusty Welcome aboard. Poke around the site for a while. There is TONS of information and stories to get the old dumping juices flowing!
Thank you....I've been reading several threads here, and yes, it's been making me want to get back out to some of my old sites...lol.... :smile:
keithker
Rusty Bunch President
Rusty Bunch President
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 969
BCCA Number: 11507
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by keithker »

CrustyRusty wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:08 am
keithker wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:35 pm @CrustyRusty First I want to compliment you on the name chosen....Well done...hopefully we can get your collection interests flowing again and maybe enough to hopefully get you back out in the woods digging again....

Thank You sir...lol about the name chosen, mainly used it just for this forum, and I still like the thrill of the hunt and seeing if a long forgotten can or cans can be brought back to displayable condition....though most cans I have now are nice condition cans with few exceptions, I recently jumped on a listing on the bay for a lot of Rolling rock cans (hoping this is okay adding this here, I couldn't find a section on the forum about dumpers listed on the bay or other sales sites), after looking much closer to the cans listed I noticed the first one on the left is the tough variation flat top, a can I've always wanted, it looks as if it should clean up well.s-l1600 (18).jpg
Good pick-up....yes that variation (clear definition of the horse's face and reins) is the obvious harder one....also looks like it might clean up some...
Leon
Supreme Rusty Being
Supreme Rusty Being
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 643
BCCA Number: 29171
United States of America

Post by Leon »

The Rolling Rock came in a Cone Top also. LEON.
FAVORITE SAYING: WHY DUMP LOCALLY & FIND PROGRESS O/I's WHEN I CAN DRIVE A THOUSAND MILES AND FIND NOTHING.
NOT SO FAVORITE SAYING: SOME CRAZY RICH CLOWN OUTBID ME
ANOTHER SAYING: LIGHTS ARE ON BUT NOBODY'S HOME?
CrustyRusty
Rust Master
Rust Master
United States of America

Post by CrustyRusty »

Leon wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:23 pm The Rolling Rock came in a Cone Top also. LEON.
Yes, I have the cone, though the horse head is not like the early flat top horse head shown..... :cool:
Rusty Jonesin
Rust Master General
Rust Master General
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 729
BCCA Number: 32653
Year Started Collecting: 2005
Zodiac:

Post by Rusty Jonesin »

CrustyRusty,

Welcome to the adventure. I've been back at it for around ten years now, I too was blown away by the cans still being dug out of the ground.
It's taken me all around the country, I have met and become friends with a lot of great people.
I've dug in PA a couple times, would love to dig a Running Waiter some day.
Good Luck in your quest.

Rusty
Hello Rusty Jonesin

Goodbye Rusty Cans
CrustyRusty
Rust Master
Rust Master
United States of America

Post by CrustyRusty »

CrustyRusty wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:08 am

Thank You sir...lol about the name chosen, mainly used it just for this forum, and I still like the thrill of the hunt and seeing if a long forgotten can or cans can be brought back to displayable condition....though most cans I have now are nice condition cans with few exceptions, I recently jumped on a listing on the bay for a lot of Rolling rock cans (hoping this is okay adding this here, I couldn't find a section on the forum about dumpers listed on the bay or other sales sites), after looking much closer to the cans listed I noticed the first one on the left is the tough variation flat top, a can I've always wanted, it looks as if it should clean up well.s-l1600 (18).jpg
Here's the detail horse can after about an hour in a citrus bath, first time for me trying citrus, so I'm going slow with this can, I have a test can still in the mix (going on 24 hours now) to see what effects it will have on it before going too much on the RR can..... ;)
IMAG0703.JPG
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Dumping Trips and Stories”