Forum for Rusty Talk.

Moderators: Forum Moderator, Current Officers, Previous Officers

Cantageous
Rust Master General
Rust Master General
Answers: 0

Odd label found by Team Tropical in Florida

Post by Cantageous »

Steve (FLAFUN) brought over the rest of the dumpers we found 6 months or more ago and I had time to soak them yestrday. I did 2 baths in 5 gallon pails.
one with 1 cup of acid for the cleaner cans and one with 2 cups of acid for the mystery/super rusted cans.

Found this can in the bunch and I dont t recall ever seeing it. I had to look it up in the book. Here it is. Is this can a hard can to find outside of Florida?
Attachments
Wisconsin Beer Can.JPG

danielj
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 736
Year Started Collecting: 1975
United States of America

Re: Odd label found by Team Tropical in Florida

Post by danielj »

Since Florida was a hot spot for vacation I would think all kinds of labels could show up as people from all over the United States
brought some beers from home to drink on the way down to see the alligators and Mickey and the other stuff you can only see in
Florida.
These are oddball finds from NC.
only found them in one spot by the Eno River in Orange County NC.
Maybe they where on thier way to Florida?
Attachments
001.JPG
keithker
Rusty Bunch President
Rusty Bunch President
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 969
BCCA Number: 11507
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by keithker »

Keith.....I remember pulling out this can because of the nice blue metallic that was on the can and not that it is not fairly known color on any Florida cans. I thought it was maybe just a soda can. I do remember that this was also found near a lone Rheingold beer can. Yeah Steve and I hoped we would run into some Rheingold Girl cans in Florida. Great job cleaning it up.

DanielJ.......we found a fair amount of Falstaffs and even the same Steigmaiers here in Florida with Florida stamps. We thought they were drug down here by campers but then noticed the Florida stamps. They were found however in the same mix as Black Labels from Ohio and Knickerbockers that were obviously brought here to Florida by campers.
gallons-walters
Rust Master General
Rust Master General
United States of America

Post by gallons-walters »

For the most part, that flat can be had without too much difficulty. There are also two iterations of it (Fox Head and Spring City). Still a cool find down in Florida. Alot of them I see are rolled...
Attachments
wisc-all.jpg
bantam10
Overlord of Rust
Overlord of Rust
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 866
BCCA Number: 34752
Year Started Collecting: 2000
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by bantam10 »

Thats a can I would find up by me!!!
Bantam - when you pop a Regal OI, everyone will want to dig with you and no one will give you crap anymore.... until then, Keep On Truckin" !
Wheaton
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 485
BCCA Number: 23320
eBay name: michicander
Year Started Collecting: 1973
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by Wheaton »

Cantageous wrote:Found this can in the bunch and I dont t recall ever seeing it. I had to look it up in the book. Here it is. Is this can a hard can to find outside of Florida?
I think I already know the answer to this, but are you able to read anything on the top lid? If it has the FLORIDA stamp, that would be a dead giveaway.

There were so many northern off-brands that went to FL for sale (Durst, Dorf, Genesee, Milwaukee's Best, Canadian Ace, Pfeiffer's, E&B, Leinenkugel's, Horton, who knows how many others) I wonder if we'll ever know the full extent of them. And I think it's awesome that we have some Floridians taking the bull by the horns and digging a state that's traditionally been sort of "hands-off." You guys are being well rewarded for your efforts and you're giving the rest of us some great insights on what the FL beer market was really comprised of.
JOIN THE IRONGUTS UNION
We don't pay no stinkin' dues - we drink 'em!

D. L. Wheaton, President
I.G.U. Local 1
Holland, Michigan

Endorsing all products from the Burnin' Rubber Brewing Company, particularly Old Finland Seabottom Over-Ripe Sulfuric Goat Cheese IPA. A Scandinavian favorite since 1840.
keithker
Rusty Bunch President
Rusty Bunch President
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 969
BCCA Number: 11507
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by keithker »

Doing some searching and realized that I had some updated information on this thread. While at the Cleveland Canvention somebody made a note that a Wisconsin's Private Club Beer (blue label) was spotted in a sellers totes. That seller confirmed that he had one with a Florida stamp. I never worked out a deal but that gave credence to that can having been sent to Florida. @Cantageous
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Dumping Trips and Stories”