My OI Collection Pics

Informational Topics that are no longer on the first few pages.

Moderators: Forum Moderator, Current Officers, Previous Officers

rustamust
Deceased
Deceased
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 146
BCCA Number: 26408
Year Started Collecting: 1980
Zodiac:

Post by rustamust »

Rand,

My pics are taken with flourescent lighting no flash. My cans side by side make it hard not to belive its a variation. If there is any way to check it closer let me know. The cans are on my shelf because of wording on top band.

Mike

Mike

Wanted Old Gibraltar Tivoli, grade 3 or better.
just picked up my most wanted can, 8oz Pikes Peak Stout ML
Rand
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 727
BCCA Number: 28177
Year Started Collecting: 1967
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by Rand »

mike murphy wrote:My pics are taken with flourescent lighting no flash. My cans side by side make it hard not to belive its a variation. If there is any way to check it closer let me know. The cans are on my shelf because of wording on top band.
Mike:

I understand......and my last post was attempting to support your observation...that the appearance makes it hard not to belive that its a variation. However, I think that there is a good argument that it might be fading. Again....to repeat....
Rand wrote:I'm not saying that the white background variation doesn't exist, just saying that until I see an on-grade example, I believe that the fading argument is compelling enough to prevent any hard conclusions to be drawn.
As to the label at the top.....My previous post showed two perfectly identical cans....with the same top label as your white face can. By that, I mean that they are identical to each other down to the 5 tooth seam. Here are two more picture. These include a yellow face can that the top label is easier to read except it has a straight seam. Other than that, it is identical to my white face can, and identical to your white face can (Salem, "Sicks Quality Product" across the top) except that it is yellow.

Rand :smile:

Rand "The Can't Man" Lindsly....Foot Soldier in the OI Wars....Honorably Discharged
"I'm a solipsist and, I have to say, I'm surprised there aren't more of us."
Acme. Genesee. - Feigenspan Uinta
rustamust
Deceased
Deceased
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 146
BCCA Number: 26408
Year Started Collecting: 1980
Zodiac:

Post by rustamust »

Rand,

I agree with you based on your can as it shows some yellow. Mine has been in my collection for 10-12 years and I'm not sure I ever noticed the white as the can was there for the top band and then I posted "My OI Collection" and some one brought it up so I will leave it up to the experts as I only collect lable changes that show on the shelf.
Rand PM me and let me know if you need any Beckers or Uinta Club variations as I have about 150 in my garage and would love to trade or donate. I do not not have the Lilek book yet so try to dicribe cans.

Mike
Mike

Wanted Old Gibraltar Tivoli, grade 3 or better.
just picked up my most wanted can, 8oz Pikes Peak Stout ML
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Archived Topics”