USPS

Discussion issues on Beer Cans,, Breweriana, Attended Shows etc...

Moderators: Forum Moderator, Current Officers, Previous Officers

Rand
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 727
BCCA Number: 28177
Year Started Collecting: 1967
Zodiac:
United States of America

Re: USPS

Post by Rand »

I assume most of you are signed up for the "Informed Delivery" email that gives you a picture of all the mail being delivered to you each day. Super handy out here in the middle of nowhere and when you have several different mail boxes sprinkled around the Sierras. Anyway, this is what my "Informed Delivery" mail looked like today:
Capture.JPG

Rand "The Can't Man" Lindsly....Foot Soldier in the OI Wars....Honorably Discharged
"I'm a solipsist and, I have to say, I'm surprised there aren't more of us."
Acme. Genesee. - Feigenspan Uinta
conetop62
Sta-Tab
Sta-Tab
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1418
BCCA Number: 35659
eBay name: conetop62
Year Started Collecting: 1975
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by conetop62 »

I have a few cans that was shipped over 30 days ago and have yet to see them. Tracking shows they usually set a week or so at each stop along the way. I am sure the employees are overwhelmed and doing the best they can. On the flip side my buddy is a UPS driver. He usually stops in to shoot the bull for 15 minutes or so each day. He has been a UPS driver for over 26 years and he says that he has never had it this easy during the “Christmas rush” He says that UPS hands off most of the smaller packages for the Post Office to deliver because it is cheaper that way. Kind of makes you wonder if UPS even cares if you get your packages on time. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I AM LOOKING FOR 1971 BCCA CANVENTION CAN!! I am back collecting after a 27 year hiatus. Thankfully I still have all of my original collection. I feel like a kid again!!
BBCA# 35659 RB# 1418
oldindiapaleale
Grand Marshall of Rust
Grand Marshall of Rust
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 892
BCCA Number: 34073
eBay name: record-american
Year Started Collecting: 2200
Ukraine

Post by oldindiapaleale »

Rand wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:02 pm I assume most of you are signed up for the "Informed Delivery" email that gives you a picture of all the mail being delivered to you each day. Super handy out here in the middle of nowhere and when you have several different mail boxes sprinkled around the Sierras. Anyway, this is what my "Informed Delivery" mail looked like today:

Capture.JPG
I got the same notice today, along with 16 inches of snow. Good day to be inside :smt030 !
Longhorn Mike
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
BCCA Number: 23865
Year Started Collecting: 1979
United States of America

Post by Longhorn Mike »

conetop62 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:32 pm He says that UPS hands off most of the smaller packages for the Post Office to deliver because it is cheaper that way. Kind of makes you wonder if UPS even cares if you get your packages on time. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I just found out about that a few weeks ago. I ordered a t-shirt shirt last month and when they shipped it, they sent me tracking emails updating me on the status of UPS. It made it to the DFW area in a day or so, but I was surprised when the next email informed me it has been dropped off at the main Dallas USPS distribution center, where it languished for a week before it made it to my local PO, then sat another couple of days before it was delivered.

I had no idea UPS did that.

- Mike
Collector of Texas and Louisiana cans and signs.

Iron Guts Union #21
[
oldindiapaleale
Grand Marshall of Rust
Grand Marshall of Rust
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 892
BCCA Number: 34073
eBay name: record-american
Year Started Collecting: 2200
Ukraine

Post by oldindiapaleale »

I just found out about that a few weeks ago. I ordered a t-shirt shirt last month and when they shipped it, they sent me tracking emails updating me on the status of UPS. It made it to the DFW area in a day or so, but I was surprised when the next email informed me it has been dropped off at the main Dallas USPS distribution center, where it languished for a week before it made it to my local PO, then sat another couple of days before it was delivered.

- Mike
[/quote]

It is called "Last Mile" delivery. USPS has been doing it for many years with UPS, DHL, and Amazon. Not sure about Fedex.
pinnacle-project
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1111
eBay name: pinnacle-project
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by pinnacle-project »

Longhorn Mike wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:06 pm
conetop62 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:32 pm He says that UPS hands off most of the smaller packages for the Post Office to deliver because it is cheaper that way. Kind of makes you wonder if UPS even cares if you get your packages on time. 🤷🏻‍♂️

- Mike

It's a special tier of service below the usual UPS Ground. Not all UPS Ground packages utilize the post office.
Focus: Cones and flats from Michigan, South Bend, and Fort Wayne. Foreign cans only if I bought them myself in the country of origin.

2023 Shows Attended

* Michigan Chapter Winterfest, January 14, Frankenmuth Michigan
* Cabin Fever Reliever, February 24, Mishawaka Indiana
* Buckeye, March 11, Toledo Ohio
* SummerSwap, July 21 & 22, Frankenmuth Michigan
Scott
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 442
BCCA Number: 14868
eBay name: No longer in use
Year Started Collecting: 1974

Post by Scott »

I'm sorry many of you are experiencing difficulties. I've been pretty quiet as far as can mailing goes this year so don't have much first hand experience. I did send a flat rate box this Tuesday by priority mail from Portland, Oregon. It arrived in North Carolina yesterday meaning the box made it across the entire country and to my father's semi-rural doorstep in 48 hours during the holiday rush! He lives about 90 minutes from the nearest commercial airport in Raleigh-Durham and I have no idea where the postal distribution center is located. Maybe this is an outlier on the positive side but the system is not entirely broken (yet).
The luckiest dumpers don't rely on good fortune, the unluckiest do.

The information contained in this communication and any attached documentation may be privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure and is intended only for the designated recipient(s).
jacoby4664
Rust Master General
Rust Master General
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 0
BCCA Number: 373
eBay name: JACOBY4664
Year Started Collecting: 1969
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by jacoby4664 »

Eureka, Package arrived and the can was a repaint. All that for a "long story". Drat.
Collector of Brewerania Since 1968
William A. Jacoby
107 Lake Forest Drive
St Louis, MO 63117
william.a.jacoby@gmail.com
314-753-0616
BCCA# 373
pinnacle-project
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1111
eBay name: pinnacle-project
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by pinnacle-project »

jacoby4664 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:09 pm Eureka, Package arrived and the can was a repaint. All that for a "long story". Drat.
That really stinks. I hope you did not pay too much for it.
Focus: Cones and flats from Michigan, South Bend, and Fort Wayne. Foreign cans only if I bought them myself in the country of origin.

2023 Shows Attended

* Michigan Chapter Winterfest, January 14, Frankenmuth Michigan
* Cabin Fever Reliever, February 24, Mishawaka Indiana
* Buckeye, March 11, Toledo Ohio
* SummerSwap, July 21 & 22, Frankenmuth Michigan
Beverlx
RB Treasurer
RB Treasurer
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 677
BCCA Number: 18483
eBay name: beverlx
Year Started Collecting: 1977
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by Beverlx »

I just sold a little Hummel figure on eBay and dropped it off at the post office (first class, no insurance, I mean it's worth $20) on Tuesday, January 19, about 2 pm in the afternoon. Put it in their premarked packages drop-off area.

Meanwhile I got this antiques guy buyer down in Georgia. On 1/27 we have a totally friendly reasonable conversation and I send him case numbers and the whole deal. On 1/29 he emails me back and is bubbling irate, like we never talked about this just two days previously, like he's never heard of a post office delay. I ignore it and ask the USPO again what's up. Other than a basic auto-reply acknowledgement, USPO doesn't tell me squat.

They did not scan it as received until January 26. Seven days it sat there. But somehow even though they scanned it in on 1/26, it was not in the tracking system on 1/27 or 1/29. It was finally delivered on 2/1.

And that's my story.
Kevin the Ex-Editor
Rust Master
Rust Master
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 198
BCCA Number: 29381
eBay name: kdooley
Year Started Collecting: 1976
Zodiac:

Post by Kevin the Ex-Editor »

I ordered a t-shirt from Florida, one state away. I came to me by way of El Paso.

Figure that one.
Longhorn Mike
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
BCCA Number: 23865
Year Started Collecting: 1979
United States of America

Post by Longhorn Mike »

The USPS is under incredible stress, yet, so far I've been lucky and nothing has been lost (knock on wood).

I sell several low value cans a week. I will put them in the same size box and mail them first class through my local PO drop box all at once. It is amazing to follow their deliveries. Some items are immediately scanned and are quickly moved through the system. Others say they are still waiting for me to drop off the item for days before they show up in the system. Some items that are going to cities in the DFW meteoplex, where I live, are literally delivered in less than 24 hours. Items going out of state can take anywhere from 2 to 25 days.

I've noticed if you have an item that appears to be stuck in transit somewhere and you have hit the 20 day mark, go on the USPS website and open a lost package case. Like a miracle, they seem to find it and it gets delivered in about 3 more days.

You would think that all of the extra items in the system caused by the election, then Christmas would be over and the system would be back to the Covid "normal", but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Rusty Bunch PO Employees keep up the good work!

- Mike
Collector of Texas and Louisiana cans and signs.

Iron Guts Union #21
[
Conehead
Former Officer
Former Officer
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 109
BCCA Number: 17406
eBay name: Conehead4
Year Started Collecting: 1978
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by Conehead »

Hooray!!! I just received an item that I bought on eBay on December 11th. Anybody able to beat that time length?

Here's the tracking.
Capture.PNG
I shall leave no cone unturned!!
OhioCanGuy
Grand Marshall of Rust
Grand Marshall of Rust
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1157
BCCA Number: 10147
United States of America

Post by OhioCanGuy »

Conehead wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:24 pm Hooray!!! I just received an item that I bought on eBay on December 11th. Anybody able to beat that time length?

Here's the tracking.

Capture.PNG
For domestic shipping, that very well may be a record.

What was going through your head from December 15 to January 23? By third week in January I would have been convinced that NO ONE would ever see that package again.

Good for you on it actually showing up!
Bob
----------------------------
Flats, cones & early tabs. Ohio cans, ultra clean cans & shine. East coast cans. Rare rust. And, whatever else catches my eye.
Kevin the Ex-Editor
Rust Master
Rust Master
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 198
BCCA Number: 29381
eBay name: kdooley
Year Started Collecting: 1976
Zodiac:

Post by Kevin the Ex-Editor »

I got an email today saying my package had been delivered to my door at 1:06 pm. Now, I was working from home today and the mail hadn't been delivered up to that point. It showed up at 6:00 pm. I guess it was invisible up to that point.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”