Cardinals-Cubs series during St. Louis Canvention

Discussion issues on Beer Cans,, Breweriana, Attended Shows etc...

Moderators: Forum Moderator, Current Officers, Previous Officers

Kotto
BCCA Committee Chair
BCCA Committee Chair
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 4
BCCA Number: 20507
eBay name: jkottocans
Year Started Collecting: 1974
Zodiac:
Germany

Cardinals-Cubs series during St. Louis Canvention

Post by Kotto »

As many know, the Cubs will be in St. Louis for baseball vs. the Cardinals for a four game series, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, an Sunday, September 10 through 13, the same dates as the Canvention. I was asked by a couple of people to check about whether or not the BCCA or the local Gateway Chapter might organize a group activity focused on a baseball game. If any of the games would have been on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday, before any of the official Canvention activities start, we would be be in business. However, because of the coinciding dates, we won't be able to make a ball game an "official" event.

As has been the case for many years, organized events like like the house tours, craft brewery tours, historic brewery tours, pub crawls, golf outings, and other extracurriculars all occur before official start of Canvention. I wasn't really tuned-in to that fact until now. As I understand it, the reasoning is intended to keep people in the hotel and on the trade floor Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

However, there is nothing to keep a group of collectors and their guests from independently organizing a baseball game event, and I hope that someone does. With all of the social media out there, it shouldn't be hard to get something rolling.

Trade me your Lemp Brewery stuff!

Return to “General Discussion”