How Do They Sleep At Night

Discussion issues on Beer Cans,, Breweriana, Attended Shows etc...

Moderators: Forum Moderator, Current Officers, Previous Officers

willssoda
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1063
eBay name: WILLSSODA
Year Started Collecting: 1975
Zodiac:
United States of America

How Do They Sleep At Night

Post by willssoda »

After 20 years of using eBay and PayPal it never ceases to amaze me how some people have no conscience.

Last week I decided to send back a $555 piece of test equipment. Notified the seller and he issued an RMA. I took it to the post office and dropped it off. This morning I receive an email from eBay saying that I need to return the item. Confused and on my way to work I was trying to figure out what happened to the package. I even went to the post office and asked them to look and see if maybe I miss labeled it or it was unreadable or something. On my phone I was not able to go back and review the purchase of the label and get tracking so I contacted the seller who told me he had not received it. I went to his ebay items and found that he had relisted it. I emailed him again and asked if he had received because I had not received a refund and eBay was asking me to ship the item by the 28th. Seller insisted he had not received and used the previous listing to relist the item as soon as he found out I was sending it back. I dug through Pay Pal transactions and ebay emails etc. for a couple hours before I decided to call eBay. eBay was able to find the label which was not purchased by me because the seller offered fast and free shipping......did not know this. And eBay was able to tell me that the package did in act deliver on the 24th at 1:15 pm and was signed by David Carter himself, two days ago!!......sorry sack who said he had not received it and who already had it re listed. So sad some people are this way. eBay also told me it wasn't showing up on their end because the seller had not marked it as received. All very confusing but at the end of the day the guy intentionally lied about receiving the item arghhhh.

Interested in all flat and Cone Soda and Water cans.
Flat_Top
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 721
BCCA Number: 15216
eBay name: beer-1
Year Started Collecting: 1976
Zodiac:
United States of America

Re: How Do They Sleep At Night

Post by Flat_Top »

Some people are just pos. Did you get your refund?
Chuck
Michigan Cans wanted
Sell your Stuff, Keep the Dog, Live on an Island!
jacoby4664
Rust Master General
Rust Master General
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 0
BCCA Number: 373
eBay name: JACOBY4664
Year Started Collecting: 1969
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by jacoby4664 »

I feel your pain. I had a different situation recently; but the same. Just Wrong. Some folks act out when they are separated by technology from the person on the other side.
Collector of Brewerania Since 1968
William A. Jacoby
107 Lake Forest Drive
St Louis, MO 63117
william.a.jacoby@gmail.com
314-753-0616
BCCA# 373
pinnacle-project
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1111
eBay name: pinnacle-project
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by pinnacle-project »

I had to return a used car part a month ago because it did not work. ebay e-mailed me several times to remind me to ship it back. I had already shipped it back using the ebay provided label. I called them and they said they could see on their end that I had shipped it and could see the tracking. They were unsure why I was getting the e-mails. I called a second time a couple days letter when I got another e-mail. Again, they said they could see I had shipped it and now they could see it had been successfully delivered to the seller. However, they could not issue a refund yet because the seller had not acknowledged they received the package. I am guessing the reason for this delay is to give the seller a chance to dispute the return in case I sent him back a box of dog ****. They told me if the seller did not acknowledge the package was received within X days (was it 2 or 3 maybe?) they would issue my refund. Sure enough, a few days later, they issued a refund. I still do not know why they kept sending me e-mails indicating I had not shipped the package but it all worked out in the end.
Focus: Cones and flats from Michigan, South Bend, and Fort Wayne. Foreign cans only if I bought them myself in the country of origin.

2023 Shows Attended

* Michigan Chapter Winterfest, January 14, Frankenmuth Michigan
* Cabin Fever Reliever, February 24, Mishawaka Indiana
* Buckeye, March 11, Toledo Ohio
* SummerSwap, July 21 & 22, Frankenmuth Michigan
willssoda
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by willssoda »

Flat_Top wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:20 pm Some people are just pos. Did you get your refund?
With the help of an eBay rep. Yes! Thank goodness
willssoda
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by willssoda »

Flat_Top wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:20 pm Some people are just pos. Did you get your refund?
With the help of an eBay rep. Yes! Thank goodness
willssoda
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by willssoda »

pinnacle-project wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:17 pm I had to return a used car part a month ago because it did not work. ebay e-mailed me several times to remind me to ship it back. I had already shipped it back using the ebay provided label. I called them and they said they could see on their end that I had shipped it and could see the tracking. They were unsure why I was getting the e-mails. I called a second time a couple days letter when I got another e-mail. Again, they said they could see I had shipped it and now they could see it had been successfully delivered to the seller. However, they could not issue a refund yet because the seller had not acknowledged they received the package. I am guessing the reason for this delay is to give the seller a chance to dispute the return in case I sent him back a box of dog ****. They told me if the seller did not acknowledge the package was received within X days (was it 2 or 3 maybe?) they would issue my refund. Sure enough, a few days later, they issued a refund. I still do not know why they kept sending me e-mails indicating I had not shipped the package but it all worked out in the end.
Geez🥴
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”