BCCA Memorable Moments request

Discussion issues on Beer Cans,, Breweriana, Attended Shows etc...

Moderators: Forum Moderator, Current Officers, Previous Officers

thatsus02
BCCA Vice President
BCCA Vice President
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1050
BCCA Number: 32806
eBay name: thatsus02
Year Started Collecting: 1990
Zodiac:
United States of America

BCCA Memorable Moments request

Post by thatsus02 »

:smt026 Please read this announcement as It is an easy way to pass along something important to you and help build the excitement leading up to CANvention 50 in St Louis. :smt026

Dear BCCA members:
As I mentioned during the business meeting at our October show, I have volunteered to write stories for the BCCA magazine and website as part of the BCCA’s 50th anniversary celebration, which is ongoing and will continue throughout 2020.

My most important writing project is called Memorable Moments. Simply stated, this is your most memorable moment (or moments) as BCCA member.

Memorable Moments were not scheduled to run until the magazine’s March/April issue. The schedule has been accelerated; with publication now scheduled for the January/February issue. Instead of having months to gather Moments, I now have until November 15 to fill two full pages in the magazine with them. And another two by March 15! Quite frankly, I am in a tight spot.

I have a long way to go in a short time to meet those obligations. This is a daunting task, and I am seeking your support and participation.

We all have interesting stories to tell; some have many. And you can send more than one!

It can be something that occurred recently or years ago; about anything you want:
*How you began collecting beer cans and breweriana.
*A person or persons who helped get you started collecting.
*Your favorite can or breweriana acquisition.
*How and from whom you acquired a can or piece.
*A BCCA member who made the biggest impression on you.
*An event that made the biggest impression, including your first CANvention or trade session.

The possibilities are seemingly endless. Your stories should be three sentences or less; even one sentence will do. I’ll use my Memorable Moment as an example:

“My first beer can trade at a CANvention; with Don Villers #213, in Lake Geneva, Wis., 1972.”
Rich La Susa #609
If I can be that brief, anyone can! It is simple and easy.

We have an excellent opportunity to collect and preserve these stories, with the hope that current and future members will enjoy knowing how and why the BCCA got to where it is today— through the words of individuals who are the heart and soul of this wonderful organization.

Please send your Memorable Moments to me—by e-mail or text—as soon as possible. I will be grateful for your support.

Rich La Susa
A-1 Chapter president
480-452-7186
rlasusa@aol.com

:smt026 Please send it to the number or email above and not this thread as it will not get to Rich as easily. Thanks :smt026

President, Michigan Chapter of the BCCA / NABA
pinnacle-project
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1111
eBay name: pinnacle-project
Year Started Collecting: 1975
Zodiac:
United States of America

Re: BCCA Memorable Moments request

Post by pinnacle-project »

I just e-mailed something to Rich. Hopefully, it will meet his needs.
Focus: Cones and flats from Michigan, South Bend, and Fort Wayne. Foreign cans only if I bought them myself in the country of origin.

2023 Shows Attended

* Michigan Chapter Winterfest, January 14, Frankenmuth Michigan
* Cabin Fever Reliever, February 24, Mishawaka Indiana
* Buckeye, March 11, Toledo Ohio
* SummerSwap, July 21 & 22, Frankenmuth Michigan
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”