Time Left: 1 Day(s) 13h : 23m : 12s Get to the Good Guys auction site and bid....

Discussion issues on Beer Cans,, Breweriana, Attended Shows etc...

Moderators: Forum Moderator, Current Officers, Previous Officers

keithker
Rusty Bunch President
Rusty Bunch President
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 969
BCCA Number: 11507
Year Started Collecting: 1975
Zodiac:
United States of America

Time Left: 1 Day(s) 13h : 23m : 12s Get to the Good Guys auction site and bid....

Post by keithker »

That is how much time is left to get your bids in for the first of hopefully many more online auctions being hosted by the Good Guys which do an amazing job supporting the Rusty Bunch Chapter....get out there and check out their catalog if you haven't already......get those bids in before it is too late...

https://auctions.beercansplus.com/catalog.aspx

pinnacle-project
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1111
eBay name: pinnacle-project
Zodiac:
United States of America

Re: Time Left: 1 Day(s) 13h : 23m : 12s Get to the Good Guys auction site and bid....

Post by pinnacle-project »

Oh my! Lot 73, Travis Extra Pale from San Antonio.

$12,000 so far.

Travis.JPG
Focus: Cones and flats from Michigan, South Bend, and Fort Wayne. Foreign cans only if I bought them myself in the country of origin.

2023 Shows Attended

* Michigan Chapter Winterfest, January 14, Frankenmuth Michigan
* Cabin Fever Reliever, February 24, Mishawaka Indiana
* Buckeye, March 11, Toledo Ohio
* SummerSwap, July 21 & 22, Frankenmuth Michigan
Dan B
Forum Advertiser
Forum Advertiser
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 0
BCCA Number: 2048
Year Started Collecting: 1971
United States of America

Re: Time Left: 1 Day(s) 13h : 23m : 12s Get to the Good Guys auction site and bid....

Post by Dan B »

We will trade the Travis for the car......LOL the car looks in better condition?
Dan B
Forum Advertiser
Forum Advertiser
BCCA Number: 2048
United States of America

Post by Dan B »

I have had many friends and fellow collectors tell me the market for beer cans and breweriana has reached its peak 10 years ago.Many of them sold and are now kicking themselves, some getting back in and paying three times what they sold their cans at 10 years earlier. If you can predict the future of this hobby, you are much wiser then I Am. I have been very surprised at what I have seen $$ in the last 5 years.

Dan B
Leon
Supreme Rusty Being
Supreme Rusty Being
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 643
BCCA Number: 29171
United States of America

Post by Leon »

I Don't Beer Cans Peaked yet but it may be on it's way down in another 10-20 years I think. LEON.
FAVORITE SAYING: WHY DUMP LOCALLY & FIND PROGRESS O/I's WHEN I CAN DRIVE A THOUSAND MILES AND FIND NOTHING.
NOT SO FAVORITE SAYING: SOME CRAZY RICH CLOWN OUTBID ME
ANOTHER SAYING: LIGHTS ARE ON BUT NOBODY'S HOME?
DaddyDewrop
Rust Master
Rust Master
Year Started Collecting: 1977

Post by DaddyDewrop »

I actually ended up winning 8 cans in this auction! Was very pleased with the prices, though I did get outbid on some of the higher-end cans.
kruegerbock
BCCA Committee Chair
BCCA Committee Chair
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 775
BCCA Number: 10480
eBay name: kruegerbock
Year Started Collecting: 1976
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by kruegerbock »

All the geezers who traded for or bought cans years ago for pennies on the dollar are getting out, and those of us with disposable assets who never had a chance at these cans are picking them up while they can. Like other hobbies, we are experiencing a "flight to quality" in which that which is not rare and in museum condition rapidly declines in price, while the quality stuff rapidly increases in price. I generally don't fish in waters this deep, but I'd be lying if I said I am not tempted to do so...
-Al Aprea
menke
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 406
BCCA Number: 23654
eBay name: www.onefullquart.com
Year Started Collecting: 1979
Australia

Post by menke »

I second Dan B- I can't afford to buy back any decent fraction of the quarts I sold some 8 years ago, or the Kruegers and MD and New England stuff a few years before that. Can't complain since I basically lived in the proceeds of the sale and then did well selling the house, but there are so many new faces in my old 'sweet spot' of indoor/offgrade that I can no longer compete. Even though I'm in the youngest 1% of the BCCA, there a ton of guys less than ten years older than me who are quite active, and there are many thousands of active collectors who aren't members. I have to collect much more slowly, which I guess I"m fine with.

BCCA membership is a pretty poor metric since eBay and the internet allow so many people to collect without paying dues. I'd be curious how many different can buyers there are on eBay each month.

Despite myself I seem to have won two cans from The Good Guys. Rock on.
Better to drive 950 miles and kick asz than go a thousand miles and get nothing.
chicagocans
Rust Master
Rust Master
Answers: 1
Year Started Collecting: 0

Post by chicagocans »

Can't wait for the next Good Guys Auction! Moved fast, terrific selection and really fair prices on most items.
OhioCanGuy
Grand Marshall of Rust
Grand Marshall of Rust
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1157
BCCA Number: 10147
United States of America

Post by OhioCanGuy »

menke wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:00 pm

BCCA membership is a pretty poor metric since eBay and the internet allow so many people to collect without paying dues. I'd be curious how many different can buyers there are on eBay each month.

Despite myself I seem to have won two cans from The Good Guys. Rock on.
The above is spot on. I am so tired of the "we're all getting old, millennials don't care, and soon our collections will be worthless" story. Someday, maybe? But that day certainly is not today. I know a couple of guys who sell cans on ebay weekly. At all price/condition/rarity levels. They cross check every can they ship with the BCCA roster. They tell me that 9 out of 10 cans they ship go to non-BCCA members. Huge number of people out there collecting who don't belong to any clubs and don't go to shows. As for the future, there are 7.5 Billion people on planet earth. Is it possible, that in the future, just a few of those people who don't collect now, and who might also enjoy a beer from time to time, might start collecting? Uh...yes!

Everything the millennials do is delayed. Completing their education, moving out of their parents house, getting married, buying their first house, etc. Not a stretch to think a small percentage will become collectors in the future.

NOW, back to the original thread... Great 1st auction for the Good Guys. I picked up one can and honestly should have bid a little stronger on a few more. Check (to get the discount) is in the mail today!
Bob
----------------------------
Flats, cones & early tabs. Ohio cans, ultra clean cans & shine. East coast cans. Rare rust. And, whatever else catches my eye.
Chris E.
Grand Marshall of Rust
Grand Marshall of Rust
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 151
BCCA Number: 26223
eBay name: moquarts18
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by Chris E. »

I thought a number of cans went for less than I would have expected. There were a few that went higher and of course they were the ones that I was most interested. Overall, I thought it was a great auction, but I thought it may have come a little too soon after the close of Dan M.'s auction which may have held some of the prices down. I have to believe there is a finite amount of money out there for cans, but who knows?

Chris E.
Mizmo64
Rust Master
Rust Master
Answers: 2
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 908
BCCA Number: 33072
eBay name: Mizmo64
Zodiac:

Post by Mizmo64 »

Just too make things clear, we were advertising our auction date before Dan M had even scheduled his auction, coincidence, I think not. It was a smart business decision on his part.
Wrestling Nut
Rust Master General
Rust Master General
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1131
BCCA Number: 34647
eBay name: wrestlingnutbrad
Year Started Collecting: 2013
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by Wrestling Nut »

Prices were more reasonable than I expected. Picked up 2 for myself. Would have been more but only so much free cash available at any one point in time. I agree that the timing was tough. Morean 8 days earlier and I believe NABA convention might have been the same weekend. Not sure.

Also, it was their first auction. Some buyers may not have been completely comfortable with that. We all know they're great guys but not everyone belongs to the RB. Although they should.
A true friend will lie for you but not to you.
ConeAddict
Rust Master General
Rust Master General
BCCA Number: 34900
eBay name: morecones
United States of America

Post by ConeAddict »

I used to worry about putting too many cans out on ebay at once, I even watched to make sure I didn't put them out there at a time when there were a lot of similar cans out there by other sellers. Basically I believed that just because I sometimes stop bidding after winning a can that others often do too so you have to trickle them out there. These auctions sort of blow all that out of the water. 400 items in one afternoon?

I am 50 and there were younger collectors than me by a few years back in the early 80's. There were so many of us collecting back then that there has to be 1000's of guys who still have potential to get back in the hobby. Outside of that base I can't say where the hobby goes but right now it sure seems like prices on the ongrade stuff will stay strong for another 10 years.

I missed the auction Sunday, didn't want to spend much but was interested in a few cans that I thought may go cheap but nothing jumps out at me as being a great deal for the stuff I know. Surprised the "6 line" Salute cone didn't sell, what was the reserve?
Mizmo64
Rust Master
Rust Master
Answers: 2
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 908
BCCA Number: 33072
eBay name: Mizmo64
Zodiac:

Post by Mizmo64 »

ConeAddict wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:40 pm I used to worry about putting too many cans out on ebay at once, I even watched to make sure I didn't put them out there at a time when there were a lot of similar cans out there by other sellers. Basically I believed that just because I sometimes stop bidding after winning a can that others often do too so you have to trickle them out there. These auctions sort of blow all that out of the water. 400 items in one afternoon?

I am 50 and there were younger collectors than me by a few years back in the early 80's. There were so many of us collecting back then that there has to be 1000's of guys who still have potential to get back in the hobby. Outside of that base I can't say where the hobby goes but right now it sure seems like prices on the ongrade stuff will stay strong for another 10 years.

I missed the auction Sunday, didn't want to spend much but was interested in a few cans that I thought may go cheap but nothing jumps out at me as being a great deal for the stuff I know. Surprised the "6 line" Salute cone didn't sell, what was the reserve?
Consignor put a $2000 reserve on it.
ConeAddict
Rust Master General
Rust Master General
BCCA Number: 34900
eBay name: morecones
United States of America

Post by ConeAddict »

OK thanks. Tough cone but putting that high a reserve would probably have turned me away before reaching it even if I had been interested, I always find those reserves annoying on ebay as they don't make much sense to me.
Plusonegolfer
Cone Top
Cone Top
United States of America

Post by Plusonegolfer »

I thought the auction was great, I got both I wanted and even got one expensive can for far less than I expected. I also don’t think the hobby is going to die as folks get older. Cans are cool, and beer is always going to be popular. When folks find out that certain cans are truly rare, I’m projecting there will always be a market for the really good stuff... Think about someone looking at a top condition OI like a Pilgrim Ale or Kent Ale when it’s 100 years old. I can’t imagine there won’t be a market for stuff in great shape from 100 years ago...it only takes one real successful guy with an itch!
clevelandcanman11389
Rust Master General
Rust Master General
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 921
BCCA Number: 11389
eBay name: clevelandcanman11389
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by clevelandcanman11389 »

I wonder why gene Judd didn't just consign the auctioning off his cans himself?
OhioCanGuy
Grand Marshall of Rust
Grand Marshall of Rust
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1157
BCCA Number: 10147
United States of America

Post by OhioCanGuy »

clevelandcanman11389 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:27 pm I wonder why gene Judd didn't just consign the auctioning off his cans himself?
My guess is he didn't want to get into the same cluster **** and time suck he did a number of years ago. That collection will take a couple of years to totally sell off. Has to be something satisfying about getting paid once and being done. If the check is big enough that is. :mrgreen:
Bob
----------------------------
Flats, cones & early tabs. Ohio cans, ultra clean cans & shine. East coast cans. Rare rust. And, whatever else catches my eye.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”