Charlottesvile Monticello show take

Discussion issues on Beer Cans,, Breweriana, Attended Shows etc...

Moderators: Forum Moderator, Current Officers, Previous Officers

Copperhead
Rust Master
Rust Master
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 455
BCCA Number: 29833
Year Started Collecting: 1978

Charlottesvile Monticello show take

Post by Copperhead »

What an outstanding show for our first time back to C'vile in 16 years. Keith Kershner and Chris Eib went over and above to make the show a tremendous success! Everyone had a great time and picked up plenty of great breweriana items. Hotel was very clean, nice restaurant, most all collector rooms were on the same level as the trade floor, and easy access from route 29, 250 and Interstate 64. The Charlottesville airport is about 7 miles away so any out of towners that want to try to make this show next year should consider flying in if your so inclined? Delta and American I know fly into C'vile but definitely worth checking out. Did right well for myself as you can see... the Richbrau quart is the rare silver variation, the Regal Amber OI is the withdrawn free variation and the Orbit is the Miami variation. The Black Eagle I actually got at Spring Thaw but Durtbagg repaired it for me so picked it up at this show. It's the Philadelphia Class and Nachod variation. The Falstaff cone was won in the raffle and is the IRTP 3.2 alcohol Omaha variation. The Bull frogs are the enamel and metallic variations, I had one but wasn't sure which but for the deal angry Gary gave me I just got both to make sure I had the correct one. Hope to see alot of new faces at that show next year!

Copperhead

Copperhead
Rust Master
Rust Master

Re: Charlottesvile Monticello show take

Post by Copperhead »

What an outstanding show for our first time back to C'vile in 16 years. Keith Kershner and Chris Eib went over and above to make the show a tremendous success! Everyone had a great time and picked up plenty of great breweriana items. Hotel was very clean, nice restaurant, most all collector rooms were on the same level as the trade floor, and easy access from route 29, 250 and Interstate 64. The Charlottesville airport is about 7 miles away so any out of towners that want to try to make this show next year should consider flying in if your so inclined? Delta and American I know fly into C'vile but definitely worth checking out. Did right well for myself as you can see... the Richbrau quart is the rare silver variation, the Regal Amber OI is the withdrawn free variation and the Orbit is the Miami variation. The Black Eagle I actually got at Spring Thaw but Durtbagg repaired it for me so picked it up at this show. It's the Philadelphia Class and Nachod variation. The Falstaff cone was won in the raffle and is the IRTP 3.2 alcohol Omaha variation. The Bull frogs are the enamel and metallic variations, I had one but wasn't sure which but for the deal angry Gary gave me I just got both to make sure I had the correct one. Hope to see alot of new faces at that show next year!

Copperhead
Attachments
IMG_2461.JPG
MarkB
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 547
BCCA Number: 13056
eBay name: redsfan323
Year Started Collecting: 1976
Zodiac:

Post by MarkB »

It was great to see you there again!!! Thank you for the cans.

I picked up a lot of good cans. And even better, a lot of them were in trades rather than cash. Old School!

My take homes, not including those I grabbed to see if they were variations or iffy upgrades. A big thanks to Matt M. for the 4 signed Olde Frothingslosh. I also got more pull tabs than normal. Because I have more space in our new home I am able to shelve stuff I haven't before, so I am picking up zips and early pulltabs from Norfolk, Louisville, Columbus, Cincinnati, and elsewhere than I ignored before.

My Heurich biography! http://www.rustycans.com/BOOK.htm
Copperhead
Rust Master
Rust Master

Post by Copperhead »

So you got the 16oz Tudor?!! Great pickup! Good to see you and hope to see you back again next year!

Copperhead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”