Coors Special Issue Cans

Discussion issues on Beer Cans,, Breweriana, Attended Shows etc...

Moderators: Forum Moderator, Current Officers, Previous Officers

MI-Cans
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1128
United States of America

Coors Special Issue Cans

Post by MI-Cans »

While searching the BMV for info about the Coors cans that I have in another thread, I came across this comment by the Editor:
(ED NOTE: At the Canvention there was a display showing all the special issue cans that Coors has put out to date. A handout that was given to me indicated that so far there had been 62, and that does not take into account those cans which were issued in two styles. This was as of May 26, 1992.)
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and ask if anyone might gotten and kept that handout from the CANv back in 1992. While not up to date, it would make a good starting reference for anyone looking to collect those special issue Coors cans. You never know, someone just might have a copy!

Also, there used to be a website, I think it was something like Bill's Coors Cans? It was a very thorough list of Coors cans accompanied with images and details. The last link I had for it quit working some time ago. Anyone familiar with it or what may have happened to it? That was a great reference site.

(MI-Cans)

Click to enlarge.
1993 JAN-FEB PAGE 14.png

MI-Cans
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1128
United States of America

Re: Coors Special Issue Cans

Post by MI-Cans »

Some more digging in the BMV produced two pages that listed Coors Special Issue cans. I'm making the assumption that 1993 March/April page was based on the handout mentioned above. The second page was in a 1997 October/November issue. Between the two, there are no duplicates. I took the liberty of combining the data from both into an Excel spreadsheet as well as a PDF. If someone can use it, you're welcome to it. Realize, it starts with a single can in 1978, jumps to 1989 and continues through 1997. The first page had month and year of issue. The second only had year of issue. To make it more uniform, I just used the year for the date. There's roughly 172 Coors Issued Special Cans. In my collection, I only have the 1995 six can Historical set.

Hope you can find it useful.

(MI-Cans)

Click to enlarge.
This is the one I believe was based on the handout at the CANvention.
1993 MAR-APR PAGE 30.png
This was the 1997 update page.
1997 OCT-NOV PAGE 31.png
Here's the Combined Excel Spreadsheet.
COORS SPL ISSUE.xlsx
(22.05 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
And here's the PDF version of that spreadsheet.
COORS SPL ISSUE.pdf
(161.77 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”