WINNERS!! Gateway Chapter Fundraiser for 50th Anniv. Canvention

Discussion issues on Beer Cans,, Breweriana, Attended Shows etc...

Moderators: Forum Moderator, Current Officers, Previous Officers

Kotto
BCCA Committee Chair
BCCA Committee Chair
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 4
BCCA Number: 20507
eBay name: jkottocans
Year Started Collecting: 1974
Zodiac:
Germany

WINNERS!! Gateway Chapter Fundraiser for 50th Anniv. Canvention

Post by Kotto »

As most of you may know, the 50th Anniversary Canvention will be held in St. Louis in 2020! While the BCCA covers most of the Canvention costs through the registration fees, the local chapters are responsible for some of the expenses, and we have some pretty cool stuff in the works for the big show. I know that it's early in the game, and that a lot of us are focusing on what is going to be a fantastic Canvention in Albuquerque in 2019. However, because of the grand expectations for St. Louis, we want to get things rolling on fund raising sooner than later.

This is the first of at least three raffles that the Gateway Chapter intends to conduct between now and the 2020 Canvention. I'm also posting this in the "Advertising" forum. The moderators may want to move this to wherever they believe most appropriate (and maybe pin it so it doesn't get lost in the mix of newer topic posts?).

Anyway, there are two cans, with the grand prize being the Old St. Louis can. Note that this is the rare version with the gold bands around the top and bottom. There are many of even here in Missouri and Illinois that don't have this variation! I have a dumper, but have never been able to get a clean one. Thanks to Rich Lenhard for the generous donation! Second prize is a nice GB flat top, and while not rare, it is quite clean with cool vanity lid intact.

You get ten chances for $5. Drawing will be at Swap-a-rama in St. Louis this June. Winner need not be present to win. We will keep track of your name and contact information with the ticket number range that is assigned to you when you buy your chances. You won't get any paper tickets to hold, all will go in the hat for drawing. We will also be selling tickets at the Belleville, Illinois show in April, and possibly another show or two, most likely in the mid-west but possibly elsewhere if certain Gateway members will be traveling to shows during summer. If you win and you are not at Swap-a-rama, we will ship your prize to you.

I am hoping that some of you will be interested in buying your tickets through the Rusty Bunch forum. If so, please PM me for contact info, including Paypal if that's convenient for you. Thanks to the Rusty Bunch for your support! We've used this forum in the past for raffles and BCCA fundraisers with great success, so cheers to the Rusty Bunch members and officers!

Thank you, John Kottemann, RB#4, BCCA #20507
Attachments
Old St Louis.jpg
IMG_6732.JPG
Last edited by Kotto on Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trade me your Lemp Brewery stuff!
Kotto
BCCA Committee Chair
BCCA Committee Chair
Zodiac:
Germany

Re: Gateway Chapter Fundraiser for 50th Anniv. Canvention

Post by Kotto »

Still plenty of time to get tickets, but less than seven weeks until the drawing. Thanks for supporting the 50th!
Kotto
BCCA Committee Chair
BCCA Committee Chair
Zodiac:
Germany

Re: WINNERS!! Gateway Chapter Fundraiser for 50th Anniv. Canvention

Post by Kotto »

And the winners are:

Old St. Louis Select: Clayton Emery

GB: Kevin Kious

Thanks to those who participated. Stay tuned for the second raffle, which will begin soon! The drawing for Raffle #2 will be at the Albuquerque Canvention.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”