Supplement Rolls On...

Discussion issues on Beer Cans,, Breweriana, Attended Shows etc...

Moderators: Forum Moderator, Current Officers, Previous Officers

MI-Cans
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Answers: 0
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1128
United States of America

Supplement Rolls On...

Post by MI-Cans »

I just checked the Supplement.

I’m going to give an example of how much work is being done on the Supplement Project. I’ve produced a screen dump of page 240 of Volume I. (Took some effort! Luckily my laptop has tablet mode.)

The standard page had 8 cans in each row with 5 rows thus displaying 40 cans per page. This is a current view of that page now displaying 49 cans. So, obviously 9 new cans have been added. (These are the ones with tan backgrounds and a red outline surrounding that tan background.)

Each image with a red outline is new. A quick count tells me that 42 of these images are new. So even though the can was known and recognized, an improved image has replaced the original image.

And finally, you’ll notice red outlines around yellow or cream areas of text. That indicates that there are revisions to the text for that image. It could something as simple as a spelling correction or a keyword or phrase that would identify that can over similar can. This page has literally been rebuilt!

Those of you that have posted images, let’s say from shows, know that while it’s not extremely difficult, it does require some serious time and effort. The Supplement Team is doing a job that you just can’t imagine the time and effort they are putting into this hobby of ours! I’d be shocked to learn of any hobby out there that’s being as well documented as ours is. And we keep hearing that they are expanding into other areas of Breweriana.

This isn’t your daddy’s or grandpa’s BCCA anymore!

(MI-Cans)

Click to enlarge.
Attachments
One Page Updated.png

J. Page
Flat Top
Flat Top

Re: Supplement Rolls On...

Post by J. Page »

Thanks for posting the screen shot of the little cans. Fortunately, the small Country Club's were originally fairly well arranged unlike the 12 oz. versions. Those are the 2 pages where the most work has been done. A side by side of them would be interesting to see. Always looking to find some that we missed.

John
MI-Cans
Rust Governor
Rust Governor
Rusty Bunch Member Number: 1128
United States of America

Re: Supplement Rolls On...

Post by MI-Cans »

John,

Something like these?

(MI-Cans)